Company: Association for Talent Development (ATD)
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Current ATD Employees, click here to apply via your Workday
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to
support the most exciting missions in the world!
ATD Editorial Services handles all internal editing needs,
including marketing collateral, website content, education training
materials, conference materials, and any other copy seen by the
broader ATD audience. We also occasionally support our publications
and research report teams when needed.
This Role . . .
We are currently looking for an Associate Editor who loves words,
websites, education, and accessibility. This position reports to
the editorial manager and is responsible for editing website,
marketing, and education content in a fast-paced environment.
In Return, Our Team . . .
- Commits to providing you with broad exposure to the editorial
- Encourages, supports, and promotes professional development,
knowledge sharing, and continuous growth.
Make an Impact By . . .
- Editing grammar, spelling, typos, content and context, style,
formatting, usage, and consistency for print, web, and nonprint
- Editing and reviewing external messaging of ATD marketing
material and ATD Education program training materials.
- Providing proofreading support for ATD books, research reports,
program guides, and catalogs as needed.
- Ensuring marketing, education, and membership's tones and
styles are consistent.
What You Bring to This Role . . .
- Three years of related experience editing web and marketing
content. Book editing or experience with training materials is a
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Suite. CMS and HTML
experience a plus.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, projects, processes, and
deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong decision making and stakeholder management skills
(editorial discernment and diplomacy).
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative, team
- Experience working with team members to achieve daily, weekly,
and monthly targets.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Comfort working with in-house and standard style guides
- Eye for web design and layout preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accessibility.
- A thirst for more knowledge and growth in the field.
- Knowledge of Wrike or similar project management tools.
- BS or BA in English, journalism, or equivalent.
Employment at ATD isn't just about a job - it's about our
employees' well-being. Our ATD LiveWell program provides a variety
of essential and fun benefits based on areas of Physical,
Financial, Social, and Career health. Look at some (but not all) of
what we offer and see for yourself!
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO, Personal Days, Sick Time, Sabbaticals,
- 403(b) plan with 6% company match and immediate vesting on
- Get Fit or Quit Program (reimbursement for gym memberships,
fitness classes, etc.)
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts
- Free Headspace membership
- Unlimited Professional Development through ATD (classes,
certifications, resources, etc.)
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness library and events (virtual and in-person)
- Life insurance
- Accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity
- Company paid Teladoc visits
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet insurance
- Employee discount program (Tickets at Work, Verizon, Hertz,
Capital Bikeshare, and more)
ATD is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, age,
color, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees.
ATD is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations for any applicant with a disability. If you are
disabled and need assistance participating in the application or
hiring process please contact us at email@example.com or you may
call us at 1.800.628.2783.
Keywords: Association for Talent Development (ATD), Alexandria , Associate Editor, Advertising , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!