Front desk agent
Company: Candlewood Suites
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Front Desk Agents are responsible for greeting and registering
the guest providing outstanding guest service during their stay and
settling the guest's account upon completion of their stay. Primary
responsibilities include: registering guests making and modifying
reservations hotel operator and concierge duties. Providing
attentive courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to
arrival and throughout their stay while maximizing room revenue and
* High School diploma or equivalent required; College course work
in related field helpful.
* Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to
deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
* Demonstrate the ability to multi-task be detail-oriented and be
able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal
and external customers.
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including
anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as
* Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting
adding subtracting multiplying and dividing
* Ability to read comprehend and write simple instructions and/or
short correspondence and memos
* An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
* Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule
that may include evenings nights weekends and holidays
* Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly
service oriented manner.
* Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with IHG standards; maintain a friendly and warm
demeanor at all times.
* Handle requests for information mail and messages in an efficient
and courteous manner.
* Answer guest inquires about hotel service facilities and hours of
* Establish and maintain good communications and team work with
fellow associates and other departments within the hotel.
* Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow rate quoting scenario.
* Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly efficient and
* Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system.
* Ensure logging and delivery of packages mail and messages as
needed to guests and meeting rooms.
* As needed deliver guest items such as luggage newspapers messages
packages amenities or other items requested by guests or team
* Maintain an up to date working knowledge of all property
amenities as well as any special events local area attractions and
things to do around the hotel.
* Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not
limited to the following: helping coworkers in other areas of the
hotel maintaining a clean and organized work area and overall
cleanliness and safety throughout the hotel and grounds
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Manassas, VA 20109: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Candlewood Suites, Alexandria , Front desk agent, Sales , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!