Route Sales Representative
Company: ARC3 Gases North
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job DescriptionArc3 Gases, Inc. is a growing, multi-generation
family-owned and operated industrial gas and welding supply
distributorship with over 50 locations in Virginia, the Carolinas,
and Georgia. We have a broad retail and distribution network that
enables us to provide outstanding service to customers of all types
and sizes, and we serve many industries ranging from fabrication
and manufacturing to research, health care, and food and beverage.
Arc3 succeeds by building lasting relationships with our employees,
our customers, and our business partners. We treat people the right
way, we're reliable, and we engender trust using our technical
expertise to help our customers build and improve their businesses.
We attract, develop and retain employees who deliver this value
consistently over time by offering them competitive pay and
benefits and a long-term career path, and by heavily investing in
their safety, health and overall well-being.Job SummaryAs Route
Sales Representative, you will play a critical role in developing
and maintaining strong customer relationships because you will have
direct, face-to-face contact with Arc3's customers on a daily basis
as you deliver hard goods and gas cylinders and retrieve empty
cylinders by truck on a scheduled route in Alexandria, VA. The job
is physically demanding and time-sensitive, but you will find it
very rewarding as you earn our customers' trust by providing
consistently exceptional customer service. Many of our managers
started their career at Arc3 as a Route Sales Representative, so it
is an excellent way to learn the business and position yourself for
career advancement if you so desire. Responsibilities and
- Safely and efficiently load, deliver and unload hard goods and
cylinders containing compressed gases to customers, and retrieve
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents.
- Identify and monitor customers' needs and maintain their
desired hard good and cylinder levels to minimize or eliminate the
need for emergency deliveries.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse
- Strictly comply with all safety rules and DOT and OSHA
- Maintain the appropriate drivers' license and
- Keep the inside and outside of your truck safe and clean.
- Perform counter sales and assist customers in the store when
- Assist with inventory, housekeeping, showroom displays, and
demonstrations as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Class B CDL with HazMat endorsement preferred.
- Industry and related product knowledge, as well as experience
handling compressed gases preferred.
- Customer service or sales experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years-old.
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by
regulation for truck drivers.
- Excellent oral communication skills, ability to work
independently, self-motivated, and ability to pay attention to
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent driving record.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 – 75 lbs., and occasionally lift
76 to greater than 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing,
balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger
activities. Frequent bending also required.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts with Annual Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- New Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program with Health Insurance Premium Discounts
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Personal Protective Equipment ReimbursementsEqual Opportunity
Employer. Disabled/Protected Veterans.#routesales
#salesrepresentative #machinewelding #weldingsupply #gases
#compressedgasses #cylinders #cylinderfill #driving #CDL
Keywords: ARC3 Gases North, Alexandria , Route Sales Representative, Sales , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!