Sales Associate - (La Plata, MD)
Company: Dash In
Location: La Plata
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Sales Associate Hawthorne Dash In, 6305 Crain Hwy, La Plata,
Maryland, United States of America Req Thursday, June 23, 2022 Have
you heard? Dash In, a Wills Group company, is Great Place to Work
Certified ! We're proud of this achievement and our people who make
greatness happen. Want to join a company that puts its people
first? Dash In is currently seeking Sales Associates to join our
Dash In team in La Plata, MD! Starting at $14.50 per hour! Plus
earn an additional premium for overnight shifts!? ? We are a
leading convenience merchandise and motor fuel marketer of The
Wills Group, Inc., serving customers at over 65 retail outlets
throughout Maryland, Virginia and Delaware. The Wills Group is a
$1.5 billion company and the largest independent marketer of Shell
Oil in the country. Throughout our 90 years in the industry, we
have gained a reputation of driving innovation, providing our
customers products and services at exceptional value, and fostering
a great work environment for professional development and
advancement.? ? The essential function of a Sales Associate will be
to provide customer service including assistance to customers,
preparation of consumable food items to meet the guidelines of
regulatory agencies and company standards, project a positive image
of the company while in prescribed uniform, proper recording of
sales and cash control, and maintain store appearance and
cleanliness standards.? ? Why You Should Join Dash In? At Dash In,
our mantra is: Learn. Grow. Lead. We believe the success of our
company lies in the depth and durability of our employees and is
why we are committed to continued learning and advancement for all
employees. We are proud to offer a flexible job that empowers you
with the skill to be a professional, from working with diverse
teams and customers to building the foundation for your future.
Every day, we are leading in our community, being responsible
neighbors and focused on doing what is good for the environment and
our neighborhood, not just our bottom line.? ? At Dash In, we're
not only redefining the convenient store experience, we're also
offering the perfect mix of ingredients to create the career you
always wanted.? ? Our mission to fuel the everyday journeys of our
customers starts with hardworking people like you - who want to
provide great service, enjoyable experiences, and embark on a
journey to develop their own career. How far you go is up to you.
From the moment you start, we're here to help you grow from a
valuable team member to leading a team of your own. And along the
way, we'll reward you with a salary and benefits to match.?
Benefits and Perks? Life at Dash In has many perks. We work hard to
ensure every team member lives life to the fullest outside the
store. We fully believe that when we support and encourage one
another, our customer and stores benefit greatly.?We take pride in
investing in our people's well-being. That's why we back our words
with competitive total rewards packages.? ? Full-Time
- Paid vacation starting at 2-weeks?
- Paid Community Engagement - 2 paid community service days each
- Education - 100% tuition reimbursement for eligible
- Healthcare - Affordable medical, dental, and vision plans with
an option for health savings account?
- Paid Parental Leave - Paid leave for new dads and moms?
- Insurance - Pet insurance, basic life insurance, and short-term
disability coverage? ? Benefits for All Employees:?
- Career Growth - Advancement Opportunities in the Mid-Atlantic
- Training & Development - Extensive training and management
development programs to grow your career?
- Financial Well-being - Enrollment into employer 401(k) at 60
days of employment with a company match up to 7%?
- Employee Discounts - Free coffee & fountain beverages, plus
discounts on fresh food & car washes?
- $500 LifeBalance Account - Dash In contributes $500 annually
for eligible healthcare expenses for part-time employees,
eligibility after 6 months of employment? What You'll Accomplish
Day to Day?
- Preparing food in appropriate time frame, meeting safety and
- Communicating with Guests in the Made to Order (MTO) service
area, suggestive selling Make it a Meal to help drive sales?
- Operating food service equipment and ensuring kitchen
cleanliness ( ie, flattop, coolers, floors, freezer, deep fryer,
- Using food prep tools effectively ( ie, temp log, prep
- While standing and moving within the register and food
preparation area behind the service counter, reach and retrieve
items from floor level to seven feet above the floor and operate
store and food service equipment which will include an electronic
cash register, gasoline console, credit card machines, money order
machines, TACC (Timed Access Cash Control Machines), food stamp
machine, deep fryer, slicers, scale, grill, hot dog cookers, ovens,
display cases and breading machines; operate floor buffer in aisles
and open spaces of sales floor.?
- Control cash to accuracy as prescribed in company policy
manuals for overages and shortages.?
- Maintain stock levels, food service items and general
merchandise by stocking shelves, reaching items from packing
cartons and placing items on display units ranging from floor level
to seven feet above the floor and move cases weighing up to 35
pounds to retrieve needed stock selection?
- Using proper lifting techniques and with assistance, lift and
place in service, up to five feet above floor level, five- gallon
soft drink containers which may be BIB (Bag In a Box) or cylinders
weighing between 50 and 65 pounds.?
- Using proper lifting and or climbing techniques lift containers
of cubed ice weighing up to 15 pounds to a height of six feet to
fill ice dispensers for fountain drinks.?
- Maintain physical store appearance by sweeping, mopping floors,
buffing as required, cleaning rest rooms and residual internal and
external equipment, maintain exterior appearance by picking up
trash and refuse from grassy areas, shrubbery beds and parking lots
and emptying trash containers into dumpsters.?
- If authorized by manager, measure product and check for water
in underground storage tanks and record results in accordance with
company guidelines? ? What You'll Bring to the Table?
- 1+ year of kitchen/line cook experience preferred?
- Prior customer service experience is a must?
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus.?
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and be at least
18 years of age.?
- Possesses or in pursuit of High School Diploma/GED preferred,
or enrollment into company paid GED completion program.
- Background and drug screen required.? COVID-19 Safety
Precautions? During this COVID-19 environment, we are actively
keeping our people and communities safe by following all safety
measures and guidelines outlined by the CDC. We are also providing
PPE for employees, while maintaining a fun and exciting work
environment!? ? Dash In is an equal opportunity at will employer
and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex,
sexual orientation or national origin. Other details
- Job Family Retail Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.50
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- Travel Required No
Keywords: Dash In, Alexandria , Sales Associate - (La Plata, MD), Sales , La Plata, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!