Business Systems Analyst
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Description The National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
requires a full-time Business Systems Analyst (BSA), with
demonstrated information management transformation and designing
collaboration tools (e.g., SharePoint configuration) expertise, who
will provide direct support to the Business Process Team (BPT) Lead
and team members. The BSA will perform a wide variety of
cross-functional business systems activities including, but not
- Analyze business and information management practices, and
define information management business needs to transform
- Design collaboration tools and improve information management
environments for several organizations currently using MS
SharePoint and TEAMS;
- Implement information management solutions to optimize
- Recommend opportunities and strategies for improving existing
business processes; and
- Apply best practices and business process modeling notations to
document and/or flowchart processes.These activities will span NNSA
business operations, HR and management processes, workflows,
information management, records management, and review/approval
processes. The BSA will also help design, administer, and transform
a robust SharePoint environment.Listed below are related ancillary
activities which the BSA may be asked to assist /support; however,
as ancillary activities, not core functions:
- Information management systems QC, logistics, metrics, and
- Performance evaluation support, milestone development support;
- Policy development, management, and implementation; and records
management support.The BSA will provide key support to the BPT Lead
and members of the BPT Team with liaison efforts and in directing,
managing interfaces, and coordinating day-to-day information system
and records activities among other Defense Program (DP) Offices,
Department of Defense, or Design and Production Agencies as well as
the Office and Human Capital & Business Operations. This is a
full-time, on-site position located in the Washington, DC, or
Albuquerque NNSA offices with the opportunity for 50% (3 days)
telework after training. Required Clearance: Active Secret or DOE L
clearance, and the ability to obtain Q clearance.Primary
- Analyze IT-related business issues, define problems, and work
to resolve problems with IT solutions alongside a business process
- Gather, refine, and confirm requirements that address issues
with existing (computer-based), business/information management
processes, as well as new business/information management systems
that would benefit from process automation.
- Liaise between the developer(s) and the customer to ensure that
requirements are clearly communicated to the development team.
- Provide broad support to business process analysis and
- Remain current with the newest data management and workflow
technologies to identify and recommend tools for best electronic
file management practices, processes, and procedures.
- Improve automation of records management and policy
administration using SharePoint including enhancing workflows, data
sharing, and customer ease of use.
- Improve automated business process environment (e.g.,
SharePoint) using feedback from the voice of the customer in
adherence with industry standards.
- Help implement improved business processes enabled by
information management for both unclassified and classified
- Develop, maintain, and administer information management plans,
standard operating procedures/desk procedures, and training for
- Develop and provide user training on information management and
- Support business process team performance and policy management
activities as necessary.
- Support associated activities, i.e., update/maintain project
documents and management briefings, create/update business process
SOPs and internal documentation, etc.
- Collaborate with other NNSA Programs/Offices in the development
and modification of workflows to improve efficiency.
- Plan and help coordinate a major organization workplace (i.e.,
culture) shift enabled by new information management
- Help lead business analysis and process improvement support for
NNSA business operations including improving IT and program
- Leverage critical thinking skills for a rapidly shifting
environment while maintaining attention to detail in a
multi-project work environment with frequent interruptions.
- Exercise mature judgment and make independent decisions in
accordance with established policies, rules, and procedures.
- Familiarity with cloud-based environments and transitioning to
Electronic Management Systems
- Work in a team environment and interact with a range of federal
and contractor staff and fully support NNSA Business Process Team
lead to complete assigned tasks and projects.Basic Qualifications:
- Active Secret or DOE L clearance, and the ability to obtain Q
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information
Management, or related field, and at least 4+ years of relevant
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and transforming IT in a
Corporate, Government, DOE/NNSA, Military, or Management &
Operating contractor environment.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and improving SharePoint
for collaboration, business, information management, and
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform (Power BI, PowerApps,
Power Automate), TEAMS, and Excel.
- Ability to research solutions, solve problems, and instruct
users on best practices for supported tools.
- Experience working in a classified environment.
- Effectively interact with a broad range of Federal and military
staff and senior leadership.
- Strong organizational skills and written and verbal
communication skills.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree with 2-6 years of experience. Pay Range: Pay
Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00 The Leidos pay range
for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee
of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in
extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos, Alexandria , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!