Tunnel Car Wash Manager - Splash In
Company: Wills Group
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Tunnel Car Wash Manager - Splash In La Plata Splash In, 6365
Crain Highway, La Plata, Maryland, United States of America Req
#416Thursday, March 23, 2023 Have you heard? Splash In, a Wills
Group company, is Great Place to Work CertifiedTM! We're proud of
this achievement and our people who make greatness happen. Want to
join a company that puts its people first?Job Purpose and Function
The Tunnel Car Wash Manager oversees the successful operations of
our tunnel car wash facility. The Manager is responsible for
managing and energizing a highly motivated and effective team,
engaging them in delivering exceptional customer experiences and
utilizing sales strategies proven to drive sales growth. Success in
this position is measured by achieving established targets for
membership and sales growth, operational up-time, and customer
satisfaction. How You'll Make an Impact
- Oversees all components of wash operations to include general
operations, membership sales, appearance and cleanliness, and the
- Manage daily operations of the tunnel wash facility, ensuring
that all equipment is maintained and functioning properly; averages
99% uptime during operational hours through addressing problems
urgently and scheduling and performing preventive maintenance on
the wash and vacuum equipment.
- Hires, trains, develops, and retains a tunnel team that is
friendly, energetic, and guest-focused; develops the team to be
sales drivers and operational experts while fostering a positive
work environment which promotes teamwork.
- Ensures team members adhere to company policies and procedures
including maintaining a safe and clean work environment, following
safety protocols and procedures, and adhering to uniform and
- Provides excellent customer service, addressing customer
concerns, managing complaints, and ensuring a positive customer
experience; maintains a 4+ rating in customer satisfaction.
- Exceeds financial model forecasts by driving top line sales on
unlimited memberships, retail store items, and services.
- Monitors financial performance of the car wash facility,
including revenue, labor, expenses, and profit margins to take
appropriate action, developing operational plans to improve
profitability; owns profit and loss (P&L) responsibility.
- Collaborates with the administrative team on administrative
tasks, employee support, and membership and sales reporting.
- Utilizes and trains team members to utilize point-of-sale (POS)
systems, computers, and other software to effectively communicate
and collaborate with team members and to ensure efficient and
effective business operations; proficiency in processes and
software related to conferencing, email management, back-office
reporting, payroll, timekeeping, cash management, inventory and
supply management; invoices, procurement, banking, damage claim
reporting. Physical Requirements:
- Frequently moves equipment, supplies, and other materials
weighing up to 50 pounds across the facility and/or lot.
- Constantly positions self or moves across the tunnel wash
facility to service equipment, clean workspaces and car wash area,
stock or replenish supplies, unload deliveries, etc.
- Frequently communicates with customers and coworkers;
environment may be loud due to car wash operations.
- Works outdoors in all weather conditions.
- What We're Looking For
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required; associate's
or bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in supervisory role in car wash or
- Technical, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and/or car wash
- Proficiency in point-of-sale (POS) systems, computers, and
other software to effectively communicate and collaborate with team
members and to ensure efficient and effective business operations;
must be proficient in processes and software related to
conferencing, email management, back-office reporting, payroll,
timekeeping, cash management, inventory, and supply management;
invoices, procurement, banking, damage claim reporting.
- Flexible work availability to include weekends and
- Willing to work in variety of outdoor weather conditions. The
ideal candidate will also have:
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and
manage a highly engaged team.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to resolve
customer complaints and promote customer satisfaction.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage
multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate
effectively with employees, customers, vendors, management, and
- Experience with inventory management, financial analysis,
sales, and marketing. Competencies:
- Working with people
- Adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Deciding and initiating action
- Persuading and influencing
- Leading and supervising Why You Should Join Splash In Splash In
ECO car wash, a division of The Wills Group, is a leading regional
car wash network with over 50 In-Bay Automatic (IBA) and Express
Exterior Tunnel car washes in the Mid-Atlantic. At Splash In, we
strive to be a car wash with a purpose. An estimated 304 million
gallons of water is used daily for car washes around the world.
Splash In uses water reclamation technologies, and ecologically
friendly wash chemistry to be good environmental stewards in our
communities. Wills Group is a $1.5 billion company headquartered in
La Plata, Maryland (an easy 45-minute reverse commute from DC) with
nearly 300 retail locations across the Mid-Atlantic region,
including Dash In, Splash In ECO Car Wash, and SMO Motor Fuels. A
family-owned company since 1926, our passion areas are in
convenience retailing, fuels marketing, and commercial real estate
and we pride ourselves on keeping our customers', employees' and
communities' Lives in Motion. Our Wills Group employees come to
work for more than just a paycheck, but rather they come to learn,
make contributions, make an impact, and feel valued as a part of
our family-friendly culture. We have a work-hard, play-hard
mentality that makes us a progressive company and we thrive on
giving back to our community. That is what is core to our DNA.
Benefits and Perks Are you interested in joining a certified Great
Place to WorkTM that invests in your development, future, and
well-being? Are you looking for more than the "daily grind" where
your day-to-day work makes an impact not only for the organization
but for your community and your future? Then The Wills Group is the
right fit for you. We take pride in investing in our people's
well-being, that's why we back our words with competitive total
- Financial Wellbeing -Employer 401 (k) match (currently at 7%),
health savings plan, and financial planning.
- Physical Wellbeing - comprehensive health, vision, and dental
plans that meet the needs of our people.
- Paid Time Off - Vacation, sick, personal, and community
engagement, parental leave for new parents.
- Work/Life Balance - Hybrid and flexible work environment,
Employee Assistance Program, travel assistance, family life
- Education and Development Opportunities - 100% tuition
reimbursement to support our people's education goals, robust
development programs, and certificate program assistance (up to
- Competitive Salary - competitive pay matched to DC Metro area.
- Job Family Retail Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $57,600.00
- Max Hiring Rate $72,000.00
- Required Education High School
Keywords: Wills Group, Alexandria , Tunnel Car Wash Manager - Splash In, Professions , Huntingtown, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...