Fires & Maneuver Experimentation Support Analyst
Company: Katmai Government Services
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Fires & Maneuver Experimentation Support Analyst
QUANTICO, VA 22134 US (Primary)
This position provides project management support for the Fires &
Maneuver experimentation issues to increase combat
Common Experiments Division Technical and Functional Support tasks
include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in and report on site surveys and other planning
- Serve as observer/controllers, watch officers, data collectors
and in other support billets during training and execution of
- Collect, record, analyze and interpret the events occurring in
live-force experiments or simulations to include wargames.
- Participate in the data reduction, analysis and assessment of
information taken from experiments.
- Participate in and support the construction, production and
delivery of briefs, reports of any type, presentations and
conferences to review experiment findings.
- Plan the development of process, procedures, design,
coordination and execution of User Evaluations (UE), Limited
Technical Assessments (LTA), Limited Objective Experiments (LOE),
MAGTF Integrated Experiments (MIX), Advanced Naval Training
Exercises (ANTX), Advanced Warfighting Experiments (AWE) and other
- Create DOTMLPF recommendations in writing and edit interim and
final reports on UEs, LTAs, LOE's, MIXs, ANTXs, AWE's and letters
of instruction for experiment execution.
- Support working groups, operational planning teams and other
designated efforts with administration, organization and
- Review information papers and other briefs/documents as
required to support experiment efforts.
- Coordinate with the Futures Analysis Cell and Experiment Design
Cell at MCWL/FD to provide input for the Data Collection and
Analysis Plan (DCAP) for specific experiments.
- Provide risk assessments and recommendations during planning
and execution of experiments.
Specific Fires and Maneuver Experiment Planning support tasks
include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan concept-based experiments and express them in a POA&M
to include activities such as IPC, MPC and FPCs with operating
forces tasked to provide the experiment force.
- Conduct detailed budget estimates for both O&M and R&D
outlining annual travel and experiment execution utilizing approved
budgets based upon the campaign plan.
- Prepare and present briefs to the division director, higher
headquarters, operating forces and others on concept-based
experimentation, related campaign plans, supporting budgets and
capabilities to be examined through experimentation.
- Develop and draft simple LOIs through complex experiment
plans-including the enclosures, appendices, branches, and sequels,
X-Files, Fact Sheets, position papers, and trade journal
- Provide project management support for the Fires & Maneuver
experimentation issues to increase combat effectiveness.
- Recommend doctrine, organizational and training innovations to
enhance ability to provide fires and maneuver capabilities from a
sea base to MAGTF forces operating ashore.
- Assist in integrating prototype or surrogate equipment into
fires and maneuver capability enhancements.
- Recommend scenarios integrating fires & maneuver concepts to
support experiment events.
- Coordinate with the Modeling and Simulation Branch for the
inclusion of fires and maneuver related issues and technologies
within M&S where applicable.
- Plan and conduct assessment conferences to review experiment
and analysis reports in a format which includes the experiment
force, the data collectors and report writers of designated
experiments. Collect recommendations and write assessment
conference reports for higher headquarters.
- Conduct campaign planning that will organize individual
experiments over time in order to eliminate conflict between
multiple experiment pathways while considering resource limitations
in money, personnel and time. Campaign plans which span one to
five-year periods are based upon higher headquarters guidance
addressing various concepts to assess, capability gaps to examine
and future warfighting environments, and are periodically
- Support the execution of experiments by providing red cell
and/or white cell actions necessary to produce actions aimed at the
experiment force according to the MSEL to produce a realistic
scenario to which to react.
- Interface with operating forces to solicit experiment support,
and outline experiment resource requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Frequent sitting, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with
hands and arms, talking, hearing and seeing up close, at a
distance, along the periphery, with depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus; occasional walking or standing, occasional
lifting of up to 50 lbs. It is Katmai's business philosophy and
practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to
applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals
with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in both an office setting and occasionally in an
outdoor USMC appropriate field environment. Shipboard planning
sites may be a requirement, and time underway may be required as
necessary. May be exposed to sharp objects, some heat, loud noise,
chemicals and vibration. Use of personal protective equipment is
mandatory. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in
differing functions, personalities and abilities.
40 hours per week. May be required to work additional hours as
needed to complete assignment or project. Extended work hours will
be coordinated as this flexibility is required dependent upon the
needs of the government or as described for specific tasks
- Civilian Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Military Education: Commensurate to experience.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of the Marine Corps, its
missions, force structure, warfighting concepts, tactics,
techniques, procedures, doctrine.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the Marine Corps
Warfighting Concepts and the combat development process.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid TOP SECRET Sensitive
Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Must have an intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft office
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no
supervision, be exceedingly well organized, flexible.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties under operating
and deadline constraints.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to
Completion of the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Fundamentals
of Acquisition Managements (ACQ 101 or an equivalent course) is
Must obtain and maintain a valid driver's license and be insurable
by the company's insurance carrier.
Driving will be required when traveling and/or occasional amounts
of local driving. The expected driving time may be up to 50%.
Travel to other government facilities or other contractor
facilities shall be required. Travel shall be required on weekends
and shall include CONUS and OCONUS locations. The exact dates and
duration of travel will vary dependent upon location and
requirements of individual experiments or events to include
planning, attendance at meetings, conferences or wargames.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on
the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of
Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with
Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).
25 - 50%
Keywords: Katmai Government Services, Alexandria , Fires & Maneuver Experimentation Support Analyst, Professions , Quantico, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...