Leasing Consultant (Residential)
Company: CIM Group, LP
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The leasing consultant is responsible for the leasing, marketing
and maintaining positive resident relations of multi-family
residential apartments.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask
questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established
- Inspect models and available "market ready", communicate
related service needs to Property Manager.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product
knowledge to clients needs by communicating the features and
benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in
accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals.
(i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed
applications to the Community Manager for approval.
- Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and
attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them
to sister communities to meet prospect's needs.
- Secure new resident's signature(s) on appropriate paperwork
prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on
- Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about
market competition in the area and file.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the
- Accept rental payments and give immediately to Assistant
- Type lease and complete appropriate paperwork and input
information on Yardi System accurately and on a timely basis.
Review with the Community Manager prior to obtaining
- Maintain current resident files.
- Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and
renewals for bonus purposes.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as
- Consistently implement policies of the community
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to
resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the
maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community,
repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to
respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by
contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and
participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis
to obtain prospective residents.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit
signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive
- NoneSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- NoneEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including
certification, licenses, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of two years leasing experience
with multi-family properties is preferred but not required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, additional property management
software (Yardi/One Site) highly desired.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to address the
needs of current and future residents in a friendly and
- High level of professionalism in both manner and dress.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and
weekends.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate
effectively and complete legal documents, sell and explain
apartment features, and answer resident questions.PERFORMANCE
- Accuracy in work product.#LI-LP1#INDLP
CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any
unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered
property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to
become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please
contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.
Keywords: CIM Group, LP, Alexandria , Leasing Consultant (Residential), Professions , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...