Lead Facility Maintenance Technician
Company: DISA Global Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Alex Minnesota St Facility, 3915 Minnesota Street, Alexandria,
Minnesota, United States of America Req #870 Friday, August 26,
2022 SunOpta Overview: SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based
foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic
ingredient sourcing industries.SunOpta is focused on sustainability
and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of
organic, conventional, non-GMO food products. SunOpta is looking
for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued
behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship,
Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter,
healthier, and sustainable future of food! Job Summary: Lead
Facility Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting in
maintaining the boilers as well as work with the chiller systems,
air compressors, cooling towers, wastewater treatment system, water
softeners and other misc. duties pertaining to the operation and
maintenance of an Aseptic Food beverage plant. Responsibilities to
include taking care of all above equipment as well as conducting
preventative maintenance, trouble shooting, and assisting with
other projects as assigned. You will be working closely with others
to help maintain a 24/7 operation where downtime is costly.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Properly monitor the facilities boiler in accordance with state
regulations. This includes standing watch in a 24/7 environment on
either a fixed or rotating schedule
- Make rounds every two hours of the mechanical room and the air
handling room, checking for any problems with the machinery
- Perform unscheduled and preventive maintenance building and
facility and production equipment
- General facility upkeep such as repairing doors, walls, floors,
ceilings, and other related building duties.
- Organizes and maintains inventory of all supplies needed for
- Responsible for monitoring Process and Utility systems and
equipment to ensure continuous efficient and reliable
- Helps develop departmental standard operating procedures and
maintains GMP and non-GMP equipment history files to develop
preventative and predictive maintenance programs and procedures to
reduce mechanical downtime and to ensure that breakdown and repairs
- Comply with all Health and Safety programs adhering to all
Quality Assurance System guidelines
- Participates in off-hours emergency coverage, as needed
- Performs scheduled and corrective maintenance of complex
equipment and systems.
- Ensure compliance with quality system procedures related to the
Facility equipment and general day to day operations
- Oversees the day-to-day operations in the Facilities and
Boiler.The Lead Facilities Maintenance Technician coordinates with
independent Contractors, schedules maintenance and construction
activities, and confirms adherence to preventative maintenance
- Assures that each person within the Facilities Maintenance has
received appropriate training per the job or jobs each will
perform, including the Breakdown Maintenance sanitation protocols
outlined in SQF Systems 11.2.1 Repairs and Maintenance
- Assures that conditions within the facility are within
acceptable parameters and that this information is documented at
the intervals specified
- Completes required reporting functions as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
immediate supervisor Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: 1 st B class boilers license
Education: Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent education
and/or experience required
Experience: Minimum of 5+ years' experience in equipment
maintenance work with other trades (mechanical, electrical, HVAC
and plumbing) for job continuity.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to use critical thinking to plan and
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of shop math.
- Knowledge of High Pressure Boiler Systems.
- Knowledge of HVAC Systems Additional Considerations: Work
Environment/Physical Demands: Occasionally sit, frequently stand,
walk, and use hands Frequently reach with hands or arms, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch, or crawl. Frequently talk or
listen. Lift 26 to 50 lbs. 1-33% of the time. Carry 26 to 50 lbs.
1-33% of the time. Occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions
(non-weather). Frequently work near moving mechanical parts.
Occasionally work in high places, occasionally exposed to fumes or
airborne particles, occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic
chemicals. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Occasionally exposed to extreme heat (non-weather). Moderate noise
is typical for the work environment of this job. Please note this
job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Alex Minnesota St Facility, 3915 Minnesota Street, Alexandria,
Minnesota, United States of America
Keywords: DISA Global Solutions, Inc., Alexandria , Lead Facility Maintenance Technician, Professions , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!