Posted on: January 15, 2022
Requisition Number: 52137
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique
combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a
critical function for business success. It delivers the training,
tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for
the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective
processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Responsible for assured supply of materials, equipment and
services, (on time, best price, high quality) in addition to
competitive costs, minimizing inventories while ensuring optimum
materials utilization, and supplier performance.
* Responsible for weekly order management and expedite of direct
materials in support of production schedule. Chemical buying
experience is a plus.
* Assists in adhoc materials and services requisitions in support
of manufacturing operations
* Assists with Business Global Supply Management (GSM) Strategy
Development. Deploys GSM strategies and plans to make decisions
necessary to purchase product or services, aligned with
organizational objectives and sourcing strategies.
* Assures Contribution Metrics are updated and linked with
site/business cost reduction portfolio.
* Key player for negotiations with Suppliers, including Contract
* Owns/Assists with Supplier Relationship Management Process
(including supplier audits and score cards).
* Creates and maintains contractual documents (Supply Agreements,
Pricing Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Certificates of
* Assists with Commodity Reviews and Supply Intelligence
* Inventory Management (where applicable): Organizes, controls, and
minimizes materials on hand, slow moving and obsolete
* Acts as GSM liaison between plants, including materials and
* Recommends changes to purchasing practices/supply management to
ensure conformance with established laws, policies, and ethical
principles activity-based costing). Participates in the planning
and implementation of these changes.
* Acts as main contact for RTP to ensure invoicing issues are
eliminated or resolved immediately.
* Participates in cross-functional teams focused on process
improvements, cost reduction and supply chain issue resolution
* Protects Intellectual Property (IP).
* Ensures compliance with internal and external auditing
requirements related especially to GSM or any other certification
* Makes sure that the suppliers are environmental compliance, and
that the scrap is correctly disposed
* Champions and advocates for the Global Buying Policy. Ensures
Competencies (knowledge, skills and behaviors)
* Conflict Management
* Cross-Cultural Agility
* Influencing Business:
* Global Business Knowledge
* Problem Solving
* Commodity/Supply Chain Expertise
* Contract Writing/Management
* Price/Cost Analysis
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Experience in manufacturing - operations, planning, quality,
engineering, supply chain.
* Experience as a plant or corporate buyer.
* Experience with GSM processes and systems.
* Experience working in a matrix environment or on a
* Yellow Belt Certification
* Experience across multiple businesses, division and/or
* Experience with global manufacturing and business through work or
* Green Belt Certification.
* Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or Certified Professional
in Supply Management (CPSM), APICS or certification related to
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Keywords: Corning, Alexandria , Plant Buyer, Professions , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!