Posted on: January 15, 2022
Requisition Number: 50929
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique
combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of
scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning's Life
Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new
approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress
timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in
the fields of materials science, surface science, optics,
biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions
that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
The purpose of this position is: Performs various warehouse
functions to support and maintain material and processing accuracy.
Works with Inventory Lead to coordinate and maintain inventory
accuracy. May help coordinate and assign the work of the Warehouse
Associates on the floor.
This position includes significant duties such as:
* Receives, stores, and distributes material and products within
* Prepares items for shipment and verifies and maintains records of
* Performs physical inventory preparation and participates in
* Conducts periodic cycle counts to ensure material accuracy
* Performs data entry into operational systems and inventory
control on all activities related to warehouse operations;
researches and resolves inventory variances
* Compiles records and assures accuracy for ordering, receiving,
storing, issuing, and shipping product
* Provides basic direction to the warehouse associates; delivers
expectations and sets targets to be achieved on a daily basis
* Performs picking/packing, shipping/receiving and material
handling duties as needed
* Communicates with supervisor and/or lead regarding day-to-day
functions in the warehouse
* Ensures adequate levels of material and/or product inventories
* Uses ERP system to conduct analysis and manage material in/out
* Participates in continuous improvement projects
* Drives forklift to transport stored items from warehouse area to
other plant areas or to pick up items from several locations within
plant for shipment
Working Conditions: Works in warehouse and cold room storage areas;
fast paced and time sensitive environment. Regularly required to
stand through entire shift. Bending, walking, stooping, standing,
climbing and frequently lifting up to 50 lbs required.
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Experience: 1-3 years warehouse experience. Forklift certification
required within 6 to 12 months on the job; certification training
provided. Familiarity with ERP systems.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Keywords: Corning, Alexandria , Materials Handler, Professions , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!