Company: Washington Hospital, Inc., Mary
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Start the day excited to make a difference---end the day knowing
you did. Come join our team.
The Courier Dispatcher evaluates the courier requests for service
from MWHC Health System and participating physician practices. The
dispatcher performs a full range of radio and telephone operational
duties to ensure efficient response time and cost effective use of
resources. This position is also responsible for providing
exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision,
values and strategic initiatives of MWHC Health System and must
demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients,
physicians, the public and coworkers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Evaluate requests for pickup service.
* Dispatch available couriers or outside courier service to assure
completion of all assignments.
* Assure response to all STAT pickups within established
* Assure response to other calls on the next available in-route
* Answer and document telephone calls from clients and Associates,
dealing with courier concerns / needs.
* Receive and fill client supply orders and assure timely delivery
* Assists with the development of all courier routes, ensuring the
most efficient use of resources, creating a positive financial
* Assure adequate staffing and scheduling to cover all routes and
shifts as necessary to ensure client satisfaction and retention of
* Provide guidance and assistance to the couriers involving routing
problems, such as accident re-routing and closed roads, or any
other problem encountered.
* Ascertain those couriers with continual problems and make
recommendations to Courier Services Supervisor when courier changes
should be implemented.
* Communicate specimen integrity violations by clients to
* Report any client dissatisfaction to Marketing as soon as
* Understand and assist with training others on infectious
materials shipping, handling, and clean up.
* Oversee the scheduling of all maintenance, service and repair
needs of all fleet vehicles to minimize impact on the department
and protect the financial investment in materials.
* Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
* Adhere to all compliance policies and procedures as they pertain
to clients and business aspects.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Must have an acceptable driving record, and a valid Virginia
State Drivers's License.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills.
* Previous telephone customer service experience preferred.
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills are required
including the ability to send and receive 2-Way calls, as well as
* Strong computer skills relevant to the position are required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in
its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, and veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Washington Hospital, Inc., Mary, Alexandria , Courier Dispatcher, Professions , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!