Director of Construction
Company: LMC, A Lennar Company
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview Our Company:Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC), a
wholly owned subsidiary of Lennar (NYSE:LEN), is a multifamily real
estate development and operating company with a diverse portfolio
of institutional quality multifamily rental communities across the
US. - Between our completed developments and pipeline, LMC owns and
manages over 100 communities across the US that exceeds 41,600
homes and $15.3 Billion in development costs and consists of
high-rise, mid-rise and garden apartments. Responsibilities Summary
of Position:Provides leadership for all on-site field Assocites and
subcontractors and manages all aspects of up to 3 different
construction projects. The Director of Construction is responsible
for the budget, scheduling, quality assurance, and safety on the
job site and to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and
relevant building codes.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides pre-development input of construction techniques and
- Provides oversight for value engineering for all
- Establishes all final construction documents, schedules, and
- Manages options list and provides accurate pricing of
- Assists estimating department with providing qualified trades
for the bidding process.
- Coordinates plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor
- Manages compilation of GMP documents.
- Responsible for all aspects of multiple projects from start to
- Oversees the preparation of weekly & monthly reports on project
- Leads project meetings.
- Regularly updates the project schedule with Project
- Manages subcontractor change orders.
- Reviews and responsible for accuracy of entire subcontractors'
and suppliers' pay requests; oversee the approval process.
- Analyzes job costs and manages the project to the closing
- Helps Project Managers resolve issues on project level.
- Logs and distributes new project documentation.
- Resolves subcontractor disputes.
- Provides documentation and directs Contract Coordinator in
compiling subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Provides assistance to Vice President in all legal matters
related to assigned projects.
- Directly supervises the activities of the Project Manager and
- Perform performance evaluations quarterly for construction
- Ensures Associates and subcontractors are in compliance with
company safety standards.
- Executes successful completion and close-out and the acceptance
of each project by the Owner.
- Addresses warranty issues and completes final
- Assist Safety Director by providing necessary reports and
representing the Company on OSHA inspections.
- Creates a highly motivated team of Associates and trade
partners at the community. Qualifications -Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in construction with at least
5 years in multifamily construction is required.
- Extensive multifamily construction experience is required.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to
analyze construction documents, and ability to read
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software,
including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. - Must have a
valid state approved driver's license. - Must be able to furnish a
vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to
take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of
urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape
measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
- Some of our projects or locations might require specialized job
knowledge or experience.Physical Requirements: -This is a position
which requires the Director of Construction to frequently walk,
stand, and climb stairs in/around construction sites, apartment
homes, models and properties. Must maintain professional appearance
and be able to work in a construction environment in all weather
conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet), around hazardous
chemicals, dust, dirt, and other particulates. Must also have the
ability to operate an automobile, read large quantities of
information, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop,
reach, lift, move and carry up to 60 lbs. independently. Finger
dexterity is necessary. -Additional Requirements:
- Arrive to work on time.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.This description outlines the
basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted.
This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the
Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at
any time with or without notice.#CB #KP #LI-KP Type Regular
Keywords: LMC, A Lennar Company, Alexandria , Director of Construction, Professions , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!