Production Team Lead - Manassas, VA
Company: Goodwill of Greater Washington
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Impact Your Future, While Impacting Your Community. Our Company.
Your Career. Together We Transform Lives! GOODWILL OF GREATER
WASHINGTON IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT! WORK FOR A LEADING
COMPANY WHILE MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY! HELP TO BUILD
OUR RETAIL TEAM AT OUR MANASSAS STORE IN MANASSAS, VA. WORK AT
GOODWILL! POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Production Assistant
Manager to supervise processors and donation attendants and
coordinate production activities to include, but not limited to,
after market production, handing standards, receiving of donations,
pricing standards, warehouse maintenance and Attended Donation
Center site coverage. This position is responsible and will be held
accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and
organizational RISE values and exceptions. Essential Duties and
- Monitors and ensures a smooth production process for all
donation functions, inventory, control, and adherence to the
agency's production procedures and core value pledge for processors
- Fulfills the duties of all production staff (if needed) to
include providing excellent customer service to donors, greeting
donors and safely unloading donations from vehicles, completing
donor receipts, and sorting and processing donated items into
designated categories; maintains production levels and quality of
merchandise to the sales floor.
- Aids in and ensures the enforcement of store safety and
- Aids in settling complaints. Other Duties and
- Maintains a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill
- Assists with maintaining proper staffing as it relates to
- Assists the Assistant Production Manager to accurately record
the work of the department.
- Assists with monitoring the time and attendance system.
- Assists during the interviews, trains, and instructs workers in
such a manner as to develop full working potential.
- Assists with the development of efficient and effective methods
and procedures for work simplification and material
- Performs other duties as directed and required. Supervisory
Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibility for
the retail staff including the donation attendants, processors, and
sales associates. Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 6 months of
supervisory experience. Successful completion of GGW's Aspiring
Manager and Employ Excellence Programs may be substituted for this
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to read and comprehend internal documents related to
- Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing,
bending, kneeling and climbing for prolonged periods of time (up to
7 hours per 8-hour shift).
- Ability to lift up to and between 40 - 50 pounds frequently.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Previous experience in the area of transportation
- Ability to coach and direct employees.
- Ability to gracefully adapt to periodic and rapid change.
- Fluent in English and Spanish. Physical Demands: Medium Lifting
50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects
weighing up to 25 pounds. Work Environment: Moderate occasionally
exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise
fumes, dust, etc.) www.DCGoodwill.org/Careers We are proud to be an
EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing. GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON IS A DRUG FREE WORK
ENVIRONMENT! Other details
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00 Apply Now
- Manassas Goodwill Store, 8014 Sudley Road, Manassas, Virginia,
United States of America
Keywords: Goodwill of Greater Washington, Alexandria , Production Team Lead - Manassas, VA, Professions , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!