Machinery Maintenance Mechanic - Camp Pendleton
Company: TechFlow, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
What We Do
EMI is an industry-leading provider of DOD base operation support
services, facilities maintenance, logistics, and IT support. EMI
consistently delivers cost-saving through best value innovations
and quality service that exceeds our clients' expectations.
What Sets Us Apart
The Right Partner EMI has grown by gaining our customers' trust and
our employees' loyalty. We've successfully performed over 60
service contracts and we understand the unique challenges facing
today's military. We offer exceptional responsiveness and a strong
commitment to customer satisfaction. We demonstrate this commitment
by consistently earning some of the highest customer satisfaction
ratings in the industry.
The Right Team The EMI team includes over 250 high-achieving
professionals, administrative and trades personnel deployed in
various locations throughout the United States. At times, we
augment our in-house capabilities with proven and capable business
The Right Approach EMI brings vast expertise and proven solutions
to augment our clients' operations. We provide a platform that
delivers seamless mission support and exceptional customer service
in a very cost-effective and repeatable solution.
TechFlow is looking for a Machinery Maintenance Mechanic who
repairs machinery or mechanical equipment. Work involves most of
the following examining machines and mechanical equipment to
diagnose source of trouble, dismantling or partly dismantling
machines and performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand
tools in scraping and fitting parts. Responsibilities include
replacing broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock,
and ordering the production of a replacement part by a machine shop
or sending the machine to a machine shop for major repairs. Duties
also include preparing written specifications for major repairs or
for the production of parts ordered from machine shops,
reassembling machines and making all necessary adjustments for
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose
- Diagnoses, services and repairs various systems that are found
on pieces of machinery and equipment such as mechanical and
computer electronic controls,
- Maintains service logs and records of maintenance on pieces of
- Prepares work orders and cost materials estimates.
- Keeps tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in
good working condition.
- May assist in training lower-level workers in mechanical repair
- Practice workplace safety.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of
ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective technical, interpersonal, and organizational
- Knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools, and
equipment used in the repair and maintenance of various machine
- Knowledge of safety issues in the use of tools, equipment, and
supplies used in repair of motorized vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of body and frame construction.
- Skill in the use of gas and electric welding equipment.
- Skill in the use of mechanized tools, jacks, and hoists.
- Skill in the use of a variety of diagnostic testing and tuning
- Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical and hydraulic
- Ability to read manuals and schematics.
- Ability to rebuild engines and major driveline components.
- Present professional appearance and demeanor.
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures as set by EMI
- Promote and maintain a positive image of EMI Services to our
customers, vendors, employees, and the community.
- Maintain confidentiality of information related to EMI
Services, our customers, vendors and employees.
- Be adaptable and flexible in work situations. Establish
priorities to ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- Continuously strive to accomplish individual and EMI Services
- Polite, professional, and courteous to others. Demonstrate a
cooperative and positive attitude.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures to include proper use
of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to use correct English grammar, spelling, and sentence
structure in written and verbal communications. Additional
qualifications in this area are
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one
situations to customers and coworkers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform
this job include the need to be resourceful and use problem
solving, the ability to be alert and precise in a distracting
(loud, busy) environment.
- Requires lifting and moving as much as 50 pounds with
assistance as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms,
talk, hear, stand, twist, stoop, reach, squat, and walk. Performing
duties may require prolonged periods of sitting, bending,
squatting, standing, twisting, or stooping. May also be required to
climb ladders and enter confined spaces.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 3-6 years experience where the job duties include operation of
heavy equipment and experience in mechanical equipment repair
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent. Each complete year of
accredited college education in a related field may be substituted
for the equivalent number of years of the required experience.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Wellness Resources
Keywords: TechFlow, Inc., Alexandria , Machinery Maintenance Mechanic - Camp Pendleton, Professions , California, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!