Senior Business Systems Analyst
Company: Burke & Herbert Bank
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Summary/ObjectiveUnder the direction of the Manager of
Operations Systems Support and in collaboration with sales and
service team leaders through the Bank, the Senior Business Systems
Analyst is responsible for the management and general oversight of
the Bank's sales and service tracking and measurement systems,
including ongoing data quality and maintenance, configuration of
work flows, and delivery of end user access. The incumbent will be
responsible for the overall coordination of plans with each
Department Head and other Line of Business Leaders to ensure the
effective use of the system in order to improve and increase
overall service, sales, and profitability levels in each area of
the organization. Incumbent will also assist with additional
financial reporting systems as part of the Bank's overall data
governance program and systems support team responsibilities.
Incumbent must be PC proficient in Word, Excel, Access and Power
Point. Must have a strong familiarity and experience with the usage
and management of computer databases. Excellent oral and written
communication skills with stakeholders at all levels of the
organization are required.Essential FunctionsReasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the overall start-up operation of the new
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system at the Bank. Will
coordinate the usage of the system throughout the organization,
including all departments and stakeholders. Will direct the setup
and implementation of the system between the Bank and vendor.
- Responsible for administering and maintaining up-to-date CRM
versions and releases, imports, access, employee, organization, and
product database tables, in addition to employee and organization
goals including incentive payout creation and assignment through
system workflows, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Will serve as the expert for data housed within the CRM system
from Bank core and other ancillary systems imports, and will ensure
the integrity of related data while seeking to expand and enrich
customer information over time.
- Responsible for coordinating the effective use of the CRM
system in all functional areas of the organization to achieve
desired sales, service, and marketing campaign results. Will act as
the primary point of contact between CRM vendor and the Bank.
- Responsible for assisting Department Heads and Line of Business
Leaders in the use of the CRM and other financial reporting systems
in building, providing, and maintaining reports, including the
development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Responsible for assisting with the training of Department
Heads, Line of Business Leaders, and other Bank team members on the
optimal use of the system to maximize effectiveness, including
directing employee behaviors towards meeting customer service
expectations and likely prospect and/or product opportunities. Will
assist with the analysis of standardized reporting as well as the
customization of reports by functional area.
- Responsible for the setup and maintenance of all senior
management approved incentive plans and marketing campaigns as
- Responsible for CRM technical support and troubleshooting,
including the resolution of issues identified within the system
through working closely with the vendor, Bank Information
Technology (IT) department, Bank management, and other
- Responsible for maintaining professional, responsive, timely,
constructive, and thorough written and verbal communications with
co-workers, vendors, and others.
- Will make presentations to Senior Management as required.Other
- Assist as required with the administration of other Bank
systems under the purview of the systems support department.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary for ongoing
efficient and effective functioning of the systems support
- Complies with all policies and procedures as applied to the
Bank's BSA/AML policy.Skills/Abilities
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills.
- Ability to learn and use technology to enhance and automate
manual steps in the development of documents and automated
repository archival (i.e. eSign and the Bank's image archive
- Familiarity with MS Project and Visio is helpful, but not
- Ability to document process flows and steps throughout a
- Ability to collaborate with team members at various levels
across the Bank organization, including executives.
- The ability to think critically and creatively about projects,
processes, and procedures in an effort to problem solve, improve
efficiencies, and streamline processes.
- Ability to manage multiple project efforts under tight
- Works well independently.Supervisory ResponsibilityThis
position has no supervisory responsibilities.Work EnvironmentThis
job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers,
filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job
duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the
computer.Physical DemandsThis position requires manual dexterity,
the ability to lift files and opening cabinets. This position
requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.TravelTravel
may be required for this position.Education and Experience
- College degree (business/information technology or other
related field preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of banking and business processes to include data
governance, data reporting, and data analysis, sales campaigns,
marketing strategies, and incentives plans.
- Experience working with Bank or Financial Institution-related
core and database/other systems (specific experience with Jack
Henry core, Microsoft SQL database/coding, 360View, Salesforce, and
Microsoft Dynamics preferred).Please note this job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.Internal candidates are
NOT eligible to apply.This employer is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. If you are disabled and need
assistance in the application process, please contact Human
Resources at 703-519-1633 or by email at
Keywords: Burke & Herbert Bank, Alexandria , Senior Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!