Senior Cyber Watch Analyst (Weekend 6am-6pm)
Posted on: October 16, 2020
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Senior Cyber Watch
Analyst (Weekend 6am-6pm Shift) to support our team at the St.
Elizabeth s in Washington, DC and our TISCOM location in
Alexandria, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an
active TS/SCI security clearance with a CI Poly.
Specific duties include:
* Support operational watch and situational awareness requirements
for the United States Coast Guard CYBER Command CSOC. Provide
situational awareness and readiness reporting for the CSOC to the
USCG program leadership.
* Support coordination and information collection related to
incidents, investigations, Task Orders, and other communications
within DOD and DHS.
* Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify
security issues for remediation.
* Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion
attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant
event detail and summary information.
* Maintain IDS signatures and policies.
* Be able to modify/add custom IDS policies and signatures to
account for lack of monitoring in threat areas as warranted by
threat changes, such as zero-day attacks. This includes the use of
* Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored
* Analyze and solve problems related to network, system, forensic
and malware analysis.
* Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational
* Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and
* Support Contingency Operations (COOP) and Disaster Recovery (DR)
* Ensure documentation is updated and maintained.
* Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and
applications by technical enforcement of organizational security
* Responsible for managing shift personnel to ensure proper
coverage, standardized processes, develop and update documentation
as required, and reporting.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced
technical staff members, and may have supervisory
* Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices
related to incident response operations.
* Demonstrated excellence in analytical and problem solving skills
related to network, system, forensic and malware analysis.
* Experience with security technologies including Intrusion
Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis,
Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM), Antivirus, Network
Packet Analyzers, Security Systems Manager, malware analysis,
forensics tools, and reverse engineering.
* Demonstrated knowledge in information technologies to include
computer hardware and software, operating systems, and networking
* Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
* Shift Hours: Weekend 6am-6pm Shift
* Clearance: Must have an active TS/SCI clearance and be able to
pass a CI Polygraph prior to starting.
* Years of Experience / Education: Must have 7 years of relative
work experience and BS degree.
* Certifications: Must be IAT III and CND A compliant (CISSP or
CASP and CEH) within 30 days of hire.
* As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who
are given offers must successfully pass a full background
investigation including criminal history, education and employment
* JRSS experience a plus
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply
directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of
Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT
services including IT Strategy, mission applications,
infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service
delivery and cybersecurity.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal
government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are
authorized to work in the U.S.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: NetCentrics, Alexandria , Senior Cyber Watch Analyst (Weekend 6am-6pm), Professions , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!