Supply Chain Analyst - Clearance Required
Company: Logistics Management Institute
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Supply Chain Analyst - Clearance Required
# of Openings
Position is on the staff of a management-consulting firm located in
Tysons, VA specializing in government operations. LMI is a
consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing
government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic
solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver
integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and
are tailored to customers' unique mission needs, backed by
objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the
Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management
challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation,
enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission
success for federal civilian and defense agencies. We believe
government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking
people who share that conviction. The Supply Chain Management
Analyst will work at the client site at the Mark Center in
Support projects analyzing existing system-support supply chains
(including, inventory management, maintenance, and distribution) in
government organizations such as the Department of Defense
- Support projects that re-design or enhance system-support via
- Analyze and assess government agency logistics and supply chain
policies and procedures against current performance metrics and
make recommendations on policy and/or process improvements.
- Work with appropriate government agency staff personnel to review
issuances under the purview of other government organizations to
identify and capture changes that will align supply chain policy
- Provide administrative and technical writing support for the
successful maintenance and update of government agency supply chain
issuances and policies.
- Communicate with clients through written reports and oral
- Provide program management support, perform data analysis,
develop briefings and papers for all levels of government agency
leadership, and conduct research in support of logistics strategy
and supply chain initiatives.
- Research subject matter and prepare point papers/speeches/remarks
for use by senior government officials to internal and external
organizations. Produce charts and other presentation materials.
Prepare and finalize correspondence including letters, memoranda,
briefings, speeches, presentations, meeting minutes, and
- Support development and control of correspondence packages (e.g.,
GAO, DoD/IG, DoD Publications, and Reports to Congress) including
preparation and coordination as requested via task management
system and ensure timely responses.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, supply chain
management or similar logistics discipline.
- Minimum 1-5 years' experience in logistics and supply chain
- Good quantitative and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Suite to include Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- High energy, enthusiasm, tact, and ability to effectively
interact with clients at all levels within Government and
- Ability to create and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Self-directed, detail oriented in completing assigned tasks, able
to adapt to changing work efforts and manage impact of shifting
- Availability for occasional travel.
- Current U.S. Government DoD SECRET security clearance.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. LMI is committed to the fair
treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and
employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires,
trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any
other factors protected by applicable law.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Logistics Management Institute, Alexandria , Supply Chain Analyst - Clearance Required, Professions , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!