Store Operations Supervisor - Production
Company: 2nd Ave LLC
Posted on: September 14, 2020
2nd Ave Value Stores and Village Thrift Stores have been
dedicated to bringing its customers the best value and quality in
second-hand clothing, household goods and collectibles since 1959.
We have provided millions of dollars to charities by purchasing our
merchandise through their collection efforts. The Store Operations
Supervisor - Production is in integral part of the 2nd Ave Stores
Leadership Team. Reporting directly to the Store Operations Manager
and Store General Manager, to support the Operations/Production
side of the discount retail business. Operations/Production is the
heart of each of our stores. If things are not running well behind
the scenes in the back room, the entire operation will suffer. As
our Store Operations Supervisor - Production, you will ensure
accurate pricing, rack organization and presentation, upkeep of
merchandising protocols and standards, seasonal product storage,
efficient and productive workflow as well as a clean and safe
workspace. Your Characteristics:
- High Energy
- Detail Oriented
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with high piece count inventory management and
- Adaptability to constantly changing retail industry
- Team Motivated
- 6+ months experience leading a team
- Comfortable presenting information and delegating duties
- Enjoy mathematics
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Open Availability including Evenings and Weekends
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Spanish Bilingual highly preferred but not required
- Closely partner and communicate with
members of the management team to determine current inventory
levels, and requirements as well as ensure retail store performance
meets financial targets and key metrics based on annual and
quarterly budgets(s). Fulfill production plans by scheduling and
assigning personnel, establishing priorities, monitoring progress,
set up, and coordinate production daily strategies, & reporting
results of the process flow on shift production summaries.
- Plan, prioritize, schedule, assign and direct work of the team,
adjusting as needed, to achieve sales, production, labor
efficiency, and profit objectives.
- Oversee quality control checks throughout all production
stages; during production, prior to rolling, on the floor and at
recycle off the floor.
- Continually monitor and set the pace, leading by example and
completing quality control checking with side-by-side employee
involvement to observe, assess, coach, and counsel
- Maintain a respectful core values-driven workplace using open
communication tools to convert team member input into meaningful
action. Likewise address complaints and resolve issues consistent
with our values, policies and procedures; providing recognition and
- Recognize and develop associates with leadership potential.
Interview potential external and internal candidates for an
efficient and positive team.
- Train in Retail & Store Operations Manager Responsibilities.
Expect to grow within the company.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proactively promote and manage Loss Prevention and Safety to
Protect company assets, associates and information.
- Previous Supervisor Experience
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
- High School Diploma required
- 18 years of age or older
The Perks? We offer a competitive compensation package, including
paid time off, medical, dental, & vision insurance, 401k... just to
name a few. Come join a unique company culture with career growth
and competitive pay!
Keywords: 2nd Ave LLC, Alexandria , Store Operations Supervisor - Production, Professions , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!