Company: CALIBRE Systems
Posted on: March 26, 2020
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to
TwitterTwitterShare to PrintPrintShare to EmailEmailShare to
Geographic Information Systems
CALIBRE is seeking candidates for a GIS Specialist. The successful
candidate will join a team to support geospatial modeling,
analysis, data manipulation, data creation, data development, data
analysis, database development and management, and more. The
successful candidate will work directly with the client and CALIBRE
The ideal candidate should have:
- Certified Geographic Information System Professional (GISP),
ESRI GIS certification, or Post-Graduate GIS Certificate.
- Project management.
- Team facilitation and leadership.
- Experience performing geospatial modeling, analysis, and data
- Experience creating, updating, and maintaining databases,
attributes, maps, and graphs using GIS software and related
- Experience using Bentley's Geospatial interoperability tools to
develop / exchange data in common GIS data formats like ESRI
Shapefiles or MapInfo TAB and MID/MIF; CAD formats such as DGN and
DWG; XML-based exchange formats such as LandXML; or GML as the
- Experience analyzing spatial data for geographic statistics to
incorporate into documents and reports.
- Experience compiling geographic data from a variety of sources
including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial
photographs, tabular data, databases, and existing maps.
- Entering map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input
of coordinate information using the principles of cartography
including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation,
topography, and map scales.
- Experience in managing and configuring data and metadata to
common geospatial standards such as SDSFIE.
- Experience with requirements gathering, definition, and
- Demonstrate ability to consistently and efficiently follow
standard workflows and instructions.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to maneuver on foot over rough terrain carrying up to
- Familiarity with the Department of Defense Washington
- Knowledge of Facilities Management and Configuration Management
- Experience using the spatial analysis extension
- Experience creating and tracking large, complex data
- Knowledge of map and drawing standards and compliance
Bachelor Degree in Geography or related physical or geospatial
science such as Civil Engineering Technology, Construction
Technology, Cartography, Information Technology, Computer Science,
Urban Studies/ Planning, or Construction related field. Other
education, commensurate experience and demonstrated ability of
individual may be substituted. Three years demonstrated work
CALIBRE and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer and
supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals
with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits
package. To be considered, please apply via our website at
www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team. #CALIBRECareers
Keywords: CALIBRE Systems, Alexandria , GIS Analyst, Professions , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!