Senior Specialist, Application Support
Company: American Physical Therapy Association
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Title: Senior Specialist, Application SupportDepartment/Unit:
Information Technology/Technology and Organizational
PerformanceFLSA Status: Full-time, ExemptLocation: -This position
is on-site at the APTA headquarters in Alexandria, VAAbout APTADo
you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving
societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who
are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work
in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement,
participation, and employee health?Then you want to work for
APTA!APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy
profession, representing more than 100,000 physical therapists,
physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our
approximately 150 employees support the association's mission to
build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy
to improve the health of society. Learn more in our Association
Profile.Located in Alexandria, Virginia, APTA has outstanding
employee benefits, including flexible work schedules, generous
retirement contributions, and travel subsidies for employees who
choose public and active transportation.SummaryThe Senior
Application Support Specialist will work under IT and Accreditation
department but report to IT Director. - The candidate will provide
expert support for the Association's suite of applications with a
focus on Accreditation, Membership, Learning Management, Online
Community systems. The candidate will provide technical support to
various teams within APTA to include user set up, training and
administration, data requests, reporting, application testing and
upgrades, assisting with system integrations, and developing user
and system documentation. This role will monitor system performance
ensuring availability as well as troubleshooting and resolving
- Acts as a systems resource for all system users. Implements and
conducts support and maintenance methodologies.
- Performs analysis of system data needed for reports or data
file extracts. Analysis includes understanding how data is
utilized, stored, and accessed within the application.
- Assists in the planning, setup, installation, testing,
training, deployment in production and development
- Documents, configures, and manages software and application
implementation and updates.
- Provides end user customer support and communication on
application statuses, functional issues and data corrections.
- Coordinates with other Information Technology staff both
internally and externally as required to efficiently support
- Develops/maintains systems configurations and executes
administration and operational duties on systems while maintaining
data/information as required.
- Interact with software vendors to provide best solutions to
- Deliver regular and customized training to teams within the
- Preparing maintenance plans and upgrading schedules for the
organization's systems.Staff Expectations
- Upholds and fosters team values
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of
association priorities Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
or Information Systems.
- 5+ years experience in a combination of Information Technology,
Technical Support, or Application Administration.
- Experience with Accreditation system
- Experience with membership database system, iMIS, Protech
Dynamics CRM, Cobalt Dynamics CRM a plus.
- Experience with Learning Management System (LMS). - Elevate LMS
- Experience with online ticketing system, Freshdesk a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Experience with SharePoint administration
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Extraordinary customer service and relationship management
- Experience in interviewing business users, collecting, and
interpreting requirements, and explaining the solution details to
the business audience.
- Critical thinking skillsTravel RequirementsNoneHow To
ApplyPlease send resume and cover letter, including salary
requirements, when applying.Principals only; no agencies; no phone
calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview
will be contacted by Human Resources.The American Physical Therapy
Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
law.APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal
government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are
authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please visit
e-verify.uscis.gov.APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of
experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff
community.PandoLogic. Keywords: Application Support Specialist,
Location: Alexandria, VA - 22305
Keywords: American Physical Therapy Association, Alexandria , Senior Specialist, Application Support, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!