Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical/ Surgical - Weekend - Days
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: September 19, 2023
** Weekend Position** The Inova Alexandria Hospital is seeking a
Full-time Registered Nurse for our Medical/Surgical Unit. This is a
12 hrs. (3x) day shift, working Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Inova Alexandria Hospital is a 318-bed community hospital that
offers a full range of healthcare services and has received . From
babies to seniors, Inova Alexandria Hospital Provides World-Class
Medical Care. We are dedicated to continually expanding our
programs and services to help ensure we meet the healthcare needs
of the communities we serve today and, in the future.
23 North is a 52- bed semi-private unit that serves a broad
spectrum of medical needs. Patient length of stay is typically
under one week. You will be part of a dynamic team that thrives on
shared governance, ensuring that our core values of "Patient
Always" and "One Team" are at the center of care. Our multi-skilled
patient care providers pride themselves in the delivery of outcome
oriented and safe care for our diverse patient population.
As a Registered Nurse, you will provide knowledgeable and caring
clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of
patients, families, nurses and healthcare delivery teams. To help
achieve our mission, you will consistently provide safe and
therapeutic care in a holistic/systematic way while incorporating
differences into the provision of care and conducting all patient
care in a patient/family centered manner. Your ability to integrate
knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and
families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family
education, is of vital importance. Communicating effectively and
working cooperatively with others while having respect for and an
understanding of other clinical disciplines is required. Your
ability to determine processes for delivery of care from direct
patient/family communication, technology and other healthcare team
member collaboration is essential.
- Performs comprehensive assessments by interpreting multiple,
sometimes conflicting, data sets and synthesizing their
- Formulates individualized plans of care based on assessment
findings and interpreting trends in patient populations to achieve
- Supports and empowers patients/families as they progress
through the healthcare continuum from health promotion to end of
- Advocates for patients' rights from the patient/family
perspective and provides counsel while acting as a resource to
- Anticipates ethical, spiritual and cultural needs while
intervening to maximize patient outcomes. Coordinates healthcare
and alternate services for patient/family transition
- Makes clinical decisions based on experience, patient
population data and intuition while promoting the development of
clinical decision making of all team members.
- Documents all patient care activities, as per documentation
standards, and assists healthcare team members with
- Evaluates the outcomes of documentation and contributes to
performance improvement initiatives related to
- Provides validation of clinical decisions for other staff
members and seeks validation from others for complex patients or
- Collaborates with the healthcare team and leads other
disciplines to meet desired outcomes. Mentors staff in
understanding and advocating for the importance of utilizing
evidence based care initiatives in nursing practice.
- Evaluates the process to achieve outcomes, anticipates patient
variances and makes revisions to plans of care.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with
- Has respect for and an understanding of other clinical
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists in the
resolution of conflict among healthcare team members, patients and
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and incorporates
their expertise to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Keeps informed of unit initiatives and incorporates outcomes of
team/committee work into practice.
- Delegates patient care activities and coordinates unit
- Assists staff to assess patients' learning needs and outcomes
measurement of patient education.
- Accesses resources from all disciplines to achieve desired
- Demonstrates a willingness to give 100 percent and assist
- Works with the team to achieve maximum productivity.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming
responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem
- Demonstrates role model and leadership behaviors
- Acts as a clinical resource and serves as a mentor to
healthcare team members.
- Identifies own learning needs and develops professional
- Seeks opportunities to obtain education to enhance
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of an
educational plan for identified needs.
- Reviews self-development plan and professional goals.
- Seeks new knowledge toward the progression of professional
- Demonstrates evidence of self-development by obtaining a
minimum of six formal contact hours.
- Maintains own Team Member Continuing Education Record.
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice
while serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family centered
manner. Integrates knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the
needs of patients and families throughout the continuum of care to
include patient and family education.
- Makes clinical decisions based on experience, patient
population data and intuition.
- Promotes clinical decision making development in all team
- Utilizes standards, guidelines and pathways for care
- Ensures that the process for delivery of care is synthesized
from direct patient/family communication, technology and other
healthcare team member collaboration.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment
and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality through
relationships and access based knowledge.
Experience: A minimum of 1 year of Registered Nurse clinical
experience in the acute care setting.
- BSN or Associate's Degree Nursing
- If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet
with their nurse leader and:
- Identify which Accredited School the employeeplans to
- Submit a review of transcript from the schoolindicating the
required pre-requisites andtimeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSNcompletion
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification requirement
- RN Licensed or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of
Keywords: Inova Health System, Alexandria , Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical/ Surgical - Weekend - Days, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!