Specialist, Strategic Alliances
Company: American Physical Therapy Association
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Title: Specialist, Strategic AlliancesDepartment/Unit: Public
Relations/Public AffairsFLSA Status: Full-time, ExemptLocation:
This position is located on-site at the APTA headquarters in
Alexandria, VAAbout APTADo you want to contribute to an
organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like
to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a
difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art
building designed to encourage movement, participation, and
employee health?Then you want to work for APTA!APTA is the trusted
leader for the physical therapy profession, representing more than
100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and
physical therapy students. Our approximately 150 employees support
the association's mission to build a community that advances the
profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.
Learn more in our Association Profile.Located in Alexandria,
Virginia, APTA has outstanding employee benefits, including
flexible work schedules, generous retirement contributions, and
travel subsidies for employees who choose public and active
transportation.SummaryThis position is a part of APTA's Public
Relations team within the Public Affairs Unit and is responsible
for managing all APTA's strategic alliances with external entities.
Among other duties, this position will implement efforts to support
organizational priorities and activities within the Public
Relations department. It supports unit efforts with a focus on
departmental contributions to Public Affairs and public engagement
strategy for the Association; Participates and supports efforts for
appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership; Supports
preparation of compliance requirements and documents and seeks out
opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department
activities; And is an effective champion of the Association vision,
mission, and brand.Essential Functions
- Serve as first point of contact and lead for the APTA Strategic
Alliances Program. -
- Conduct annual audit of all strategic alliances to ensure they
are delivering value to support APTA's mission and provide staff
leads and their VPs the opportunity to review and evaluate their
strategic alliances. Work with staff leads to sunset alliances that
are no longer viable.
- Create a master map of the strategic alliances in which the
sections and academies are involved. -
- Maintain master list of strategic alliances.
- Maintain Strategic Alliances web page on www.apta.org.
- Manage existing partnerships with Memorandums of
Understanding/Contracts. Ensure they are kept up-to-date and manage
renewal process to ensure new MoU's are in place prior to
expiration of existing ones.
- Implements work plans related to respective activities of the
Public Relations department which align with organizational
priorities and the Association's Public Affairs and public
- Prepares and completes required departmental compliance forms
as outlined below including ensuring required information is
accurate for timely submission of all required forms.
- Contributes to and implements recommendations on advancing
operations within the department to gain efficiencies, and grow
revenue, if applicable.
- Contributes to quality assurance and continuous
quality/performance improvement in department activities, including
supporting department director, and unit leaders in annual
assessments of respective budget activities described above.
- Supports the Public Affairs team in the implementation of the
Association's programs, priorities, and projects in partnership
with department director and staff colleagues
- Prepares, in consultation with the Director, department level
data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategyStaff
- Upholds and fosters team values
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of
association priorities Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Communications, marketing or business experience preferred
- Project management skills highly desired
- Experience in developing outreach strategies and working with
- Experience in budget development and execution
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communication skillsTravel
RequirementsUp to 10% - local, NationalHow To ApplyPlease send
resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, when
submitting your application.Principals only: -no agencies; no phone
calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview
will be contacted by Human Resources.Equal Opportunity Employer:
-The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.APTA participates in E-Verify
and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9
information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.APTA is
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and
welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and
skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.PandoLogic.
Keywords: Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), Location: Alexandria,
VA - 22305
Keywords: American Physical Therapy Association, Alexandria , Specialist, Strategic Alliances, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!