Law Clerk I
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Description Leidos is looking to hire multiple Law Clerks to
work at the Office of the Pardon Attorney in Washington, DC. We are
looking for individuals who have completed their law degrees and
have hands-on litigation experience. You will work in a fast-paced
and diverse environment and will have a management team that
encourages your career development and growth. Be part of a dynamic
team in providing legal services to support the Department of
Justice and the Office of the Pardon Attorney's mission.In this
role, you will assist with tasks including working with DOJ
attorneys and other colleagues in gathering all of the necessary
pieces needed in order for the Pardons office to provide the
President of the United States with a report and recommendation to
help in his decision making process on the exercise of his power to
grant clemency. If this type of challenging work sounds like
something you would be interested in to grow your career, apply
now!Primary Responsibilities include:
- Screen, review, analyze, and sort incoming mail and
correspondence (electronic and hardcopy).
- Electronically request reports from the Bureau of Prisons and
then collect information from those reports to populate fields in
the Pardon's electronic case management system (IQ).
- Scan, prep, unitize, and file petitions of commutation and
- Scan and process petitions to be uploaded to IQ and to the
shared network drive.
- Issue code data into IQ.
- Manage routine electronic file maintenance, including
organizing backup copies of original petitions mailed to the
- Compile and organize relevant documents for use by attorneys in
preparation for their evaluation of petitions.Basic Qualifications:
- Requires Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited
law school, having completed at least one year of study
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court
systems, legal research procedures, and legal research
- Thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and
- Hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications,
including word processing, databases (such as document review and
file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery
procedures and resources.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support
environment in conjunction with basic qualifications,
- Trial experience very helpful.
- Current or active clearance.This position is covered under the
Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as
well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure
that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits. The
pay for this position will be $35.35/hr.In 2023, Leidos was ranked
as one of the " World's Most Ethical Companies " by the Ethisphere
Institute for the sixth consecutive year. We were also ranked on
the Forbes' list of Best Employers for Veterans and on Careers &
The Disabled Magazine's list of Top 50 Employers for the Disabled!
Pay Range: Pay Range - The Leidos pay range for this job level is a
general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Alexandria , Law Clerk I, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!