Specialist, Event Programming
Company: American Physical Therapy Association
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Title: - - - Specialist, Event ProgrammingDepartment/Unit:
Member Events/Member ExperienceFLSA Status: - - - Full-time,
ExemptLocation: - This position is located on-site at the APTA
headquarters in Alexandria, VAAbout APTADo you want to contribute
to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would
you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about
making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new
state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement,
participation, and employee health?Then you want to work for
APTA!APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy
profession, representing more than 100,000 physical therapists,
physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our
approximately 150 employees support the association's mission to
build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy
to improve the health of society. Learn more in our Association
Profile.Located in Alexandria, Virginia, APTA has outstanding
employee benefits, including flexible work schedules, generous
retirement contributions, and travel subsidies for employees who
choose public and active transportation.SummaryAs a member of the
Member Experience team, this position will implement efforts to
support organizational priorities and activities within the Member
Events department; will support unit efforts with a focus on
departmental contributions to systems; for the Association; will
participate and support efforts for appointed and member volunteer
groups and APTA leadership ; will support preparation of compliance
requirements and documents and seeks out opportunities for
continuous quality improvement in department activities. You will
be an effective champion of the Association vision, mission, and
- Serves as main contact for speakers, platform and poster
presenters at APTA's largest event.
- Manage the abstract/submission/review process for APTA's
largest event, including platform development.
- Provide guidance for Volunteer Program chairs and Research
Chairs throughout the program management process.
- Manage program listing for all aspects of the program for
APTA's largest event.
- Manage and coordinate the poster and platform process. Provide
Onsite assistance for all program stakeholders during APTA's
largest event. - Requires travel.
- Manage all captured/recorded program for On Demand
- Contribute to and implement recommendations on advancing
operations within the department to gain efficiencies, and grow
revenue, if applicable.
- Contribute to quality assurance and continuous
quality/performance improvement in department activities, including
supporting department director, and unit leader in annual
assessments of respective budget activities.
- Support the Member Experience team in the implementation of the
Association's programs, priorities, and projects in partnership
with department director and staff colleagues.
- Prepare, in consultation with the director, department level
data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategy.Staff
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of
association priorities. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5 years' experience in speaker or education program
- Excellent interpersonal skills including exemplary customer
- Strong computer/database experience required
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple
- Able to work onsite at meetings which requires long hours;
ability to be mobile for long periods of time
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external
- Effective communication, verbally and in writingTravel
Requirements0 - 10% - local, NationalHow To ApplyPrincipals only;
no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to
participate in an interview will be contacted by Human
Resources.The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.APTA
participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government
with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized
to work in the U.S. For more information, please visit
e-verify.uscis.gov.APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of
experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff
community.PandoLogic. Keywords: Event Planner, Location:
Alexandria, VA - 22305
Keywords: American Physical Therapy Association, Alexandria , Specialist, Event Programming, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!