Resident Support Specialist - Part Time, Days - Care Center
Company: Knute Nelson
Posted on: May 27, 2023
The mission of Knute Nelson is to enrich the lives of everyone
This position is eligible for a $2,000 sign on bonus!!
- Hours are 6:30AM - 10:30AM
- Includes every other weekend and holiday
- 28 hours per pay period
- Supporting our Care Center facility Obtaining the COVID-19
vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption, is a
requirement of employment for this position.
- Provide support to the nursing team in resident care as
- Ensure regulations and best practices are followed and
- Communicate with staff, residents, family members, and
visitors. Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain an environment that achieves high quality care
(physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual) of residents
and maintain their independence and dignity to the highest degree
possible within the Knute Nelson continuum.
- Promote activities that help residents achieve "their best
day", filled with a wide variety of meaningful relationships and
- Identify, implement and include resident daily pleasures and
interests into daily life based upon input from residents,
families, friends and as directed by the activity department.
- Assist residents with activities of their choice including,
group, individual or one on one activities.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as needed for residents such as
assisting with correspondence, reading/writing letters, etc.
- Observe residents closely, identifying changing needs and
conditions at first indication, and reports immediately to
supervisor as appropriate.
- Assist in preparing, storing, and serving meals, beverages and
snacks for residents/customers based upon resident requests,
regulations, established polices, procedures and best
- Encourage resident participation in the meal program, and meal
- Maintain an attractive, comfortable, and clean home in an
environment consistent with regulations and established policies,
procedures and best practices.
- Respect resident time and property; treat them with courtesy
and respect their personal belongings.
- Maintain all required documentation in accordance with
regulations and established clinical best practices.
- Maintain effective communication systems with all
- Welcome and greet new residents, families and friends.
- Help residents feel comfortable and welcomed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Knute Nelson and its programs,
services and sites.
- Provide answers to questions and provide assistance to
- Participate and assist with evacuation procedures in case of
fire, disaster or other occurrences requiring the tenant be
- Practice proper body mechanics and include safe practices into
all job duties.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Practice infection control procedures.
- Offering feedback and education as needed for peers.
- Required to complete assigned online education modules within
designated timeframes and additional memory loss training.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative
of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily
all inclusive. Education and Experience Required:
- Experience in customer service is preferred.
- Able to work calmly and effectively with the elderly.
- Critical thinking, interpersonal effectiveness and teamwork
skills are required.
- Experience in long-term care, home care or assisted living
setting is preferred.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adjusting priorities in response to
- Must complete and pass a state required background study.
- Able to physically perform the duties required by the
- Required to have the ability to read, write and speak English
well enough to communicate with staff, residents and visitors.
LPN or RN
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Knute Nelson's
policy forbids employees and associates from discriminating against
anyone based on race, religion, color, creed, gender, age, marital
status, national origin, sexual orientation, status with regard to
public assistance, veteran status, familial status, disability or
any other characteristic protected by law. Knute Nelson is
committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of
discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment
opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the
recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or
any other condition of employment or career advancement. Knute
Nelson also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled
employees and applicants as required by law.
- Job Family Knute Nelson
- Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: Knute Nelson, Alexandria , Resident Support Specialist - Part Time, Days - Care Center, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...