Software Developer II
Company: NES Associates
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
At GDIT we build cutting-edge applications that help the end user accomplish their mission.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own. Bring your creativity to help us find simple solutions to complex problems. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you'll play an essential part in preparing our nation for the future. Our work depends on a Software Developer II joining our team to support FBI activities at Quantico, VA.
At GDIT, our employees are driven, resourceful, and unwavering. As a Software Developer II supporting the Operational Technology Division, you will be trusted to work on designing, maintaining, and implementing GOTS software designed to specific requirements using specified methodologies. In this role, a typical day will include:
* Collaborating with the Operational Technology Division to design and develop large and complex software applications, systems, and web-based query and reporting systems, and use knowledge of Information Security Systems (ISS) and security standards of Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) and classified data to ensure the availability of secure tools and systems to support the FBI's technical and investigative personnel
* Identify technical strategies to interconnect disparate software applications by authoring original software programs
* Design, maintain, and implement original software applications from a high level, non-specific set of concepts provided by the government
* Design software tools that include system calls to other third-party tools and utilities
* Produce specifications and design documentation
* Create project work estimates
* Database development and management
* User interface development
* Policy Development
* Utilize available Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) software to the maximum extent practicable to design software applications, avoiding implementation of a proprietary system
* Support the unit with other duties as assigned
* Your success will be measured by the degree to which you write and implement programs, based on observation and vague original concepts, that achieve the government's desired outcome or workflow.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Four (4) year college degree in software development or computer science
* Five (5) years of experience of software development for systems in a production environment or, in lieu of education, ten (10) years of experience
Experience in the following:
Multiple programming languages, including examples like:
* Microservices Architecture
* Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
* Extensible Markup Language (XML)
* Structured Query Language (SQL)
* A variety of scripts and operating systems
* Software design, development, and implementation
* Specification and design documentation, including
* Process Flow
* Class Diagrams
* Sequence Diagrams
* Physical Architecture
* System and Web Service Interface Specifications
* Data Dictionary
* Data Model
* Creating project work estimates
* Systems design, policy development, database development and management, user interface development
* Top Secret Clearance
* Must be eligible for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Access
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
* 401K with company match
* Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
* Diverse, highly collaborative teams
Opportunity Owned #QF2142023
Not sure this job's the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA Quantico
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Type of Requisition:
Keywords: NES Associates, Alexandria , Software Developer II, Other , Quantico, Virginia
here to apply!