Company: Charter Senior Living
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Medication Tech Part Time 3pm-11pm Part Time 11pm-7am Why
Charter Senior Living?"I believe in the Charter Mission. To Enhance
the Human Spirit. I do this every day as I help care for our
residents. They may need extra help throughout the day, but I know
during these times that I am enhancing their spirit. I feel honored
to make such a difference in someone's life!: -Charter Senior
Living Associate Offering Health Insurance for Full Time Associates
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100
per month (after taxes).
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus Your potential is unlimited. As a small
boutique company, we are committed to helping each of our
Associates have more than just a "job". We want each of our
associates to feel like they have a career and an opportunity to
grow. Learn more about Charter and how you can become part of an
organization that is committed to the future of their Associates.
POSITION SUMMARY The Medication Tech is responsible for all duties
in relation to safely administering medications and treatments to
the residents. This position requires legible, accurate
documentation on the medication record and in the resident chart.
It also requires a responsible demeanor in order for the resident
population to have confidence in your ability to administer
medications and treatments. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers the medications and treatments, according to the
scheduled times, following the medication administration
- Understands and appropriately documents on the 24-hour
- Notify the Executive Director/Resident Care Coordinator when
there is not enough staff scheduled.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Assists residents with transportation and appointments as
- Maintains confidentiality with resident and fellow employee's
- Notifies Resident Care Coordinator /Executive Director/HSD of
resident changes of condition.
- Assists with monthly medication records as needed.
- Assists with cycle fill or re-ordering of medications.
- Understands and returns medications for credit as needed.
- Timely notify the pharmacy of any discrepancies
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the Medication
room and medication cart.
- Has knowledge of, and can demonstrate proper technique, or can
learn how to assist with: a gait belt, sit to stand lift, transfer
board, oxygen equipment, C-Pap, Nebulizer, catheter, specimen,
transfer pole, trapeze, wheelchair, scale, and other equipment as
directed by the Resident Care Coordinator/HSD.
- Capable of taking accurate vital signs and weights.
- Accurately completes an incident report and begins the
investigation of the incident.
- Notifies family, MD, resident, and management if incidents or
errors occur while on shift.
- Capable of assisting in the care needs of residents, which
might include lifting requirements up to 50 pounds.
- Keep current on First Aid/CPR and Medication Administration
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor or other
management staff. UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS
- Exposure to blood/body fluid likely. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to easily lift and carry 50 lbs. Must be able to
stand, walk, stoop and/or bend for periods of up to eight hours
with breaks as provided for in the employee handbook. OTHER
- Has familiarity and willingness to work with the elderly
population. Previous experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Preferred proficiency in English. Attends in-services monthly
required for the position. Receives and maintains CPR
Keywords: Charter Senior Living, Alexandria , Med Tech, Other , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!