Centralized Transporter - PRN - Various Shifts
Company: Mary Washington Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing
you did. Come join our team.
The Centralized Transporter transports patients to and from all
departments and monitors patients for comfort and safety. The
Centralized Transporter also performs non-clinical clerical,
maintenance, and patient-related tasks to assist in providing
quality patient care.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Transports patients safely and effectively by wheelchair,
stretcher, or bed using side rails, safety straps, and locks as
appropriate. Exercises caution with regards to IV lines, pumps,
monitors, oxygen tanks, and other medical devices. Transports
specimens and equipment as assigned.
- Maintains constant awareness of isolation precautions and
adheres to protective requirements. Observes standard precautions
at all times.
- Observes/monitors patients for comfort, safety, mental and
physical status at arrival and during transporting at facility (may
include, but not limited to; arrival, stay, and discharge from
- Recognizes equipment or patient problems and brings to
attention of nurse, technologist, physician, or supervisor as
- Brings patients' charts and other essential papers/records with
patients. Confirms orders and/or trip request and reviews patient
status with unit staff prior to removing patient from unit. Relays
critical information to staff upon entry or return to
- Performs patient-related clerical, maintenance, and
non-clinical direct care activities including assisting,
transporting, preparing, and observing patients.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and
materials on stretchers, wheelchairs, and other modes of transport,
which may include portable oxygen, to ensure their continued
availability and non-interruption of services.
- Cleans and reports or arranges routine repairs and maintenance
on transportation equipment.
- Follows priorities as set per the transport tracking software
or transport dispatcher, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned within scope of position
after verification with department leadership.
- Performs essential functions and responsibilities of the role
at Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital locations, as
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- BLS certification required.
- Previous experience in a patient care setting preferred.
- Performs limited direct care activities under the direction of
the nursing and/or technologist staff (i.e. routine and STAT
electrocardiogram (EKG) studies) and attends to the personal needs
and comfort of the patients and families.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in
its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, and veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Mary Washington Healthcare, Alexandria , Centralized Transporter - PRN - Various Shifts, Other , Stafford, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!