GIS Specialist - Asan, Guam
Company: GEOSPATIAL CONSULTING GROUP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
At geocgi we pride ourselves on not losing our focus. We started
out and remain GIS experts (or geeks. . . depending on your
perspective). Since 2006, we've evolved into a world-class and
world-wide service provider of multiple disciplines. We are a
talented, hardworking group that share values and characteristics
that drive client, professional, and personal success. geocgi is
looking for a GIS Specialist to support Naval Facilities
Engineering Systems Command, Marianas on-site in Asan, Guam. This
position requires an existing Department of Defense (DoD) Secret
clearance. The GIS Specialist will provide technical support for
operational objectives of the Posture Management Office (PMO) to
assist the Government with the overall coordination and development
of the Pacific Deterrence Initiative (PDI) while in Asan, Guam. The
GIS Specialist will aid with planning, design, engineering,
construction, environmental compliance, land use agreements, and
activation of facilities to ensure timely mission capability for
various DoD programs. The candidate will execute the
responsibilities of a GIS Specialist, which include:
- Data collection, analysis, display and distribution of
geospatial data as it pertains to the future construction of
facilities and infrastructure.
- Database optimization and management, GIS integration,
geospatial tool development, and the production of static and user
modifiable maps, to support efficient and effective government land
use management and related real estate resources.
- Development of new GIS features and datasets based upon PMO
requirements and expectations.
- Acquire data from numerous sources including, but not limited
to, NAVFAC business lines, other government sources, territorial
agencies, private corporations, and public databases.
- Review AE and construction contractor's GIS deliverables to
ensure contract compliance with GIS requirements, particularly with
respect to underground utilities.
- Spatial data capture, creation, manipulation, and analysis
techniques such as digitizing, drafting and feature linkage to
- Provide GIS mapping in reports upon request and update reports
as necessary and/or requested.
- Coordinate with and integrate data and GIS solutions with
service components and Installation GIS specialists.
- Coordinate with and be the Government's liaison to the
architects, planner and project managers as necessary to comprehend
the building and infrastructure design and its dimensions to ensure
the modeling software program works properly. Qualities:
- Eager to learn new technology and integrate existing skills
within a new industry.
- An active and collaborative team member.
- An above average communicator, comfortable with technical
writing, as well as public speaking.
- Highly organized and able to maintain several projects at one
- Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem
solving to support our client's missions. As an employee of geocgi,
the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in
addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our
benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading
Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
- Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced
environment within a small company.
- Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses.
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting.
- Flexible work hours and PTO.
- Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for
- Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth
and development. The following are requirements of the GIS
- US Citizen.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Must be willing to relocate to Guam and possess a valid
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science,
Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency with ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS
Enterprise, and/or Portal for ArcGIS/ArcGIS Online.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, including
preparing correspondence, written reports, and briefs.
- Ability to work independently and proactively to take
initiative to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience in completing projects on teams
comprised of participants with diverse engineering, scientific or
- Demonstrated experience in/knowledge of in the use and
application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
etc.), MS Project, Primavera, CostWorks, and Success Estimator.
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to
apply. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As
a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine
mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
Keywords: GEOSPATIAL CONSULTING GROUP INTERNATIONAL LLC, Alexandria , GIS Specialist - Asan, Guam, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!