Senior Lead Senior Credit Officer
Company: BNP Paribas
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on
the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most
impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship
programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting
programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the
U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet,
improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of
BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable
Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a
changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we
help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
Job Description Summary
Responsible for facilitating and supporting the bank's objectives
to increase earning assets while maintaining quality standards by
approving or declining commercial and/or real estate loans, wealth
management LOC's and by working closely with assigned units to
negotiate and structure highly complex credit arrangements. Lending
authority is generally $10 million or less. Generally supports one
geographical area and/or one industry specialty, i.e..
agribusiness, real estate construction, etc.
Essential Job Functions
* Facilitates commercial and/or real estate loan originations,
wealth management LOC's by working with line officers in
structuring and development of loan proposals to meet the
customers' or prospects' needs while conforming to bank and
regulatory requirements. Makes joint calls as needed.
* Reinforces adherence to bank underwriting policies and procedures
and growth, quality and profit objectives through the loan approval
* Implements and reinforces policies and procedures to comply with
fundamental business and credit priorities of the bank.
* May conduct training classes on new or updated procedures.
* Assists in monitoring compliance with internal and regulatory
* Analyzes pertinent financial and credit data and makes final
credit decisions (approval or declination) within signing
authority. Recommends to higher level of authority if
* Interacts with internal and external auditors on regulatory
issues of quality and on related trends.
* Assists in identifying and managing troubled assets and potential
troubled assets in assigned area.
Other Job Duties
* Provides guidance to line offices as applicable on identification
and management of classified and/or troubled loans.
* Follows commercial loan risk ratings or Real Estate/ Wealth
Management credit policies and procedures to ensure maintenance of
a quality loan portfolio.
* Performs reviews of specific portfolio composition and quality as
* Interacts with line units and service centers, operations,
accounting, appraisal, legal and other related bank personnel.
* Keeps informed of competitors' rates and loan programs and
recommends appropriate changes to current bank programs and
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained
through advanced education combined with experience.
* May have deep knowledge of project management.
* Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Thorough knowledge of commercial and/or real estate lending
policies, practices, documentation, and legal and regulatory
* Thorough knowledge of financial statement, business, industry and
* Complete understanding of syndications, capital markets, and
other highly complex lending facilities
* May require specific industry knowledge in more than one
industry, i.e.. agribusiness, real estate construction, etc., or
knowledge of numerous complex geographical areas
* Analytical and research
* Bank product and service knowledge
* Verbal and written communication
* Negotiation skills
* Presentation skills .
* Use personal computer
* Planning and organizing
Annual Hiring Range:
$100,000 - $215,000
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring
range based upon geographic location, work experience, education,
and/or skill level.
* In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for annual
* The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate's
geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers,
Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of
their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated
may undergo regular testing.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San
Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it
is in within our 27 state working
Keywords: BNP Paribas, Alexandria , Senior Lead Senior Credit Officer, Other , California, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!