Company: The Fredericksburg Expo & Conference Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Fredericksburg Expo & Conference Center is a large
entertainment and convention center. We hold a variety of events
throughout the year.
The role of the Operations Staff is to set-up and breakdown events.
The job is a physical job and requires a great amount of standing
and walking. Employees can get the opportunity to become trained on
machinery such as the forklift, scissor lift, and pallet jacks.
Employees will also be trained on electric, staging, landscaping
and a variety of other valuable job skills.
*Reports to: Operations Manager*
* Participate in all aspects of the conversion process for
* Setting-up and tearing down flooring, chairs, barricades,
staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment
* Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends
and holidays, as needed
* Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able
to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility),
bending, lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various
heights, and moderate to loud noises
* Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively
with other in both oral and written form
* Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
* Work effectively under pressure and stringent schedule to produce
* Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, other
employees, and patrons encountered in the course of employment
* Operate equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, scissor lift
or other light power-driven equipment. Training and certification
* Other duties as assigned
*Applicants may be subject to background and drug testing*
*Oak View Group*
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a
wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility
management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and
partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and
consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los
Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
*Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:*
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations
are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and
fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we
highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and
boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need
to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to
safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers,
athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We
will not discriminate against employees or applicants for
employment on any legally recognized basis ("protected class")
including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service
member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other
protected class under federal, state, or local law.
*All Applicants must apply on our company hiring website*
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fredericksburg, VA 22401: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
* Do you have open availability? If not, when are you available to
* What times are you available to work?
* Are you able to meet the physical demands of this job? (standing
for long periods of time, lifting tables, walking on concrete
* Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?
* How many hours a week are you looking for? (Max 40)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Forklift Certification (Preferred)
* Scissor Lift Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: The Fredericksburg Expo & Conference Center, Alexandria , Event Set-up/Laborer, Other , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!