Pipe Layer: Northern, VA
Company: Total Civil Construction & Engineering, LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
***********THIS JOB REQUIRES PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH WET UTILITIES
PIPE LAYING (NOT PIPE FITTERS)***********
You can apply in person at 7700 Wellingford Drive, Manassas, VA
20109 Monday - Friday 8am -5pm
PLEASE NOTE: TCCE hires field construction staff to work at jobs in
the region (primarily Maryland, DC, Northern Virginia). This means
job locations will change as needed.
Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
Perform any combination of the following tasks: grade trenches or
culverts, position pipe, or seal joints. In addition to laying
pipe, the pipe layer also works with laborers to dig trenches
for/around existing utilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install or use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, or
- Dig trenches for/around existing utilities.
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
(generally for wet utilities [water/sewer]).
- Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machine and hand
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or
- Connect pipes and seal joints using glue, cement, gaskets
- Cover pipes with other earth materials / aggregates.
- Other general labor and construction related duties are
- Perform other tasks duties, as assigned.
- Must have physical ability to stand strenuous and dangerous
work environment. Must be comfortable working in 15ft to 20ft
trenches and other confined spaces.
- Possess physical strength dig and perform general labor with
laborer crews, including digging by hand.
- Able to communicate effectively with others and work
cooperatively in teams (including resolving basic conflicts with or
without the assistance of management).
- Handle emergency situations, work pressure and stress.
- Able to solve basic, common-sense problems.
- Able to work with general supervision and use some
- Must have a flexible schedule (make work irregular or odd hours
in outdoor work sites, depending upon project needs or weather),
including nights and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential
job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified
individuals with disabilities to enable performance of essential
job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
- Required to continuously use vision abilities, including close,
distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or
operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms;
use fine motor coordination and eye-hand coordination to push/pull
levers and apply pressure to control; utilize feet to press pedals;
sit in static positions for long period of time.
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear; lift or move up to
50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds (with or
- Occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch and crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee...
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts; is exposed to
vibration, wet or humid conditions, heat, and other forms of
inclement weather; and is exposed to loud noise.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places or in
excavations, and is exposed to fumes or particulates, chemicals and
electrical energy, as well as machinery.
Total Civil Construction & Engineering, LLC, is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Minorities, Females, Disabled, Veterans are strongly encouraged to
Total Civil Construction is proud to be an E-Verify Employer and
Keywords: Total Civil Construction & Engineering, LLC, Alexandria , Pipe Layer: Northern, VA, Other , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!