Company: MMC Consulting
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Description:The Grants Specialist is responsible for
entering appropriate grants information into client's assistance
planning and financial systems and for maintaining and reconciling
database containing grant award information, status, and ownership.
The Grants Specialist will review and record incoming requisitions
for grants funding for accuracy prior to handing the grants
requisitions over to client's Representatives. The Grant Specialist
will prepare and audit all award files and obtain approval of the
client's Agreement Officer for grants. This individual is also
responsible for dissemination of grant documents to grantees and
other client's stakeholders. -The position shall offer solutions
that not only address the core requirements but can also offer
several value-added services directed at streamlining and improving
agency-wide responsibilities in performing support for
administrative and grant management activities.Duties: -
- Develop and publish funding announcements.
- Provide advice and recommendations on matters of grants,
cooperative agreements, and cost share arrangements.
- Support all phases of award including pre-award, award, and
post-award to include acquisition planning, source selection,
technical assistance, and administration of grants and cooperative
agreements as well as support other types of contracts as needed
(such as FAR-based contracts including federally funded research
development centers and university affiliated research
- Assist to develop pre-award statement of work, statement of
objectives, market research and other requirement documents for
grants, cooperative agreements and other types of contracts when
- Interpret Federal (OMB) and Department of Defense (DoD)
guidance for federal assistance vehicles and contracts.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, DoD regulations and local
- Progressive knowledge of acquisition and assistance
regulations, policies and procedures and understanding of how to
execute and administer a complex acquisition and assistance, is
required, particularly as it relates to acquisition through methods
of negotiation, grants making that result in standard and
established contract and agreements/grant types.
- Ability to:
- Plan and administer acquisition activities and provide
acquisition assistance and support for Agency programs and projects
in a timely manner, is required.
- Apply contracting regulations, procedures, and policies to
individual acquisition and assistance programs is required.
- Deal effectively with high-level representatives, and with
colleagues is required.Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 8 years of relevant experience; or proven experience
in the field of acquisition and assistance/grants (i.e.,
negotiation and administration of grants, cooperative agreements
and interagency agreements including preparing funding
- Secret Clearance
- Experience with supporting federal assistance vehicles (i.e.,
grants and cooperative experience) during the past 5 years
including the administration of these vehicles.
- DAWIA Level II Acquisition Certification or FAC-C equivalent
- Standard Procurement System (SPS) Procurement Desktop-Defense
- Ability to research independently and knowledge of 2 Code of
Federal Regulations, Department of Defense (DoD) Grant and
Agreement Regulations, FAR and DFARS.
- Experience in evaluating, negotiating, executing, and managing
grants and cooperative agreements.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office suite including Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.Desired
- Prior grant officer for grants and/or cooperative
- Successful completion of the DAU grant course GRT 201 Grants
and Agreements Management or equivalent (NOTE: The Contracting
Officer is the sole adjudicator of equivalence).
- Experience with Standard Procurement System Procurement Desktop
- Defense (PD2) contract writing system.
- Prior experience in working with the Federal
government.Covid-19 vaccination is required for this position. -
The Company -may -grant an exemption to this requirement and a
reasonable accommodation for candidates for health reasons or due
to sincerely held religious beliefsLocation: -Alexandria, VA
(Hybrid- office one day per pay period)Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: MMC Consulting, Alexandria , Grants Specialist, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!