Systems Safety Engineer
Location: Lexington Park
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SOLUTE is a technology company that delivers products in the
fields of cyber security, networks, global positioning, navigation,
knowledge management, collaboration systems, and aviation
electronics. Our depth of technical expertise, and successful
history of engineering support provide a uniquely trusted and
influential skillset to our clients. Our teams of software,
network, and DevOps engineers use state-of-the-art technologies and
architecture design to build innovative solutions for enterprise
We are a company of innovative professionals thriving in a highly
motivating work environment that fosters creativity and independent
thinking. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to
support our service men and women, now is a great time to join
SOLUTE, Inc. is seeking a System Safety Engineer to help analyze
the architecture, design, development and maintenance of
cutting-edge combat and mission systems upgrades to the U.S. Navys
P-8 Poseidon. The successful candidate will participate as a System
Safety expert and provide analysis of development and integration
of safety significant aircraft systems on the P-8. The employee
will apply systems engineering principles to optimize all aspects
of safety to increase the operational effectiveness throughout the
lifecycle of the system. The position will afford the opportunity
to interact with vendors, OEM suppliers, and government activities
to investigate and integrate third party software systems into an
operational aircraft environment. The successful candidate will
also provide research and lead innovative projects related to the
design and operation of the P-8A aircraft/mission/weapons systems
and apply engineering principles to support airborne avionics and
sensor system electronics platforms. The candidate will work on
varied, complex systems that involve creating safety solutions that
significantly add to the operability and usefulness of existing or
new aviation capabilities. In addition, the candidate will provide
expert advice and guidance to team members and valued customers
regarding specific technical aspects of systems or concept
- Work with a cross-functional team of engineers to evaluate
safety significant systems to optimize system safety posture of the
- Analyze requirements, functions, subsystems and operational
environments, and existing system interfaces.
- Ensure the applicability, usefulness, and quality of delivered
- Evaluate, analyze and comment on existing safety artifacts.
- University degree in Engineering or scientific related
- 10+ years of engineering experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing safety systems.
- Familiarity and work experience with MIL-STD-882.
- An understanding of software system safety including ,
MIL-STD-882E and Joint handbooks and guides is desired.
- Prior experience in military /defense related software
- Familiarity with avionics systems.
- Experience in hardware / software integration.
- An active DoD or DoE Security Clearance.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and A&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with company matching contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Highly Competitive Salary
SOLUTE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, marital status, veteran status or any other applicable
legally protected status or characteristic.by Jobble
Keywords: Solute, Alexandria , Systems Safety Engineer, Other , Lexington Park, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!