Systems Engineer - IT Infrastructure
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job ID: 2200532 Location: ALEXANDRIA , VA , US Date Posted:
2022-01-11Category: Engineering and SciencesSubcategory: Systems
EngineerSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: Yes, 10 % of the
TimeMinimum Clearance Required: NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain: SecretPotential for Remote Work: Yes Description SAIC is
seeking a Systems Engineer with IT Infrastructure experience to
join our team on the RITS contract with the US Army Corps of
Engineers.This role is 100% REMOTE and can be performed at any
location in the CONUS. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provide enterprise architecture expertise in a Fortune 50
construction company environment to translate enterprises
strategies into future enterprise architectures and transformative
plans (i.e. roadmap) to achieve that future state.
- Use multi-disciplinary techniques, for example: business
process decomposition and redesign, information engineering,
organizational redesign, change management, IT strategy and
architecture, and performance measurement, to assist in enterprise
business transformation and Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Interacts at a variety of points within the enterprises
governance process to assist in implementation of the transition
plan, to include organizational strategy development, capital
planning and investment control, portfolio and project management,
systems development, and operations.
- Designs, develops, and maintains current and future views and
data describing the enterprise architecture.
- Leverages prior construction environment experiences to
research and advise on the selection of technologies to include
within the enterprise architecture.
- Provides analyses of potential changes to the EA.
- Conducts reviews and analyses of architectures to ensure
compliance with EA policy.
- Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of
quality programs, systems, processes and procedures to ensure EA
policy compliance or to improve the EA.
- Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter expert and
other architects to reflect reengineered business processes into
- Defines, develops, and provides expertise and guidance on EA
processes, policies, roles and responsibilities.
- Has experience and expertise in the application of one or more
common EA frameworks, such as DoDAF, as well as with common
methodologies such as ITIL and AESMF.
- Complete understanding and wide application of Information
Technology principles, theories, and concepts that impact the
construction field as well as all applicable OSHA standards and
- Emphasis will be on VoIP, WiFi, and OSP/ISP projects.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes
goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees and subcontractors according to
established policies and management guidance.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult
technical issues across mission-critical facilities, secure
environments, and complex infrastructure projects.Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree 12 years or more experience
- Experiencing architecting and fielding infrastructure solutions
that are scalable, accessible, flexible and defensible as well as
enables streamlined access to USACE applications, data and
enterprise services for Engineers and establishes and implements
repeatable product baselines and business processes to become more
agile and efficient in acquisition and project execution.
- Understands the importance of size, weight, and power
- Experienced delivering modernized infrastructure and integrated
- Deliver thought-leadership, turning of abstract and logical
concepts into IT solutions, which are usable, integrated, and
secure from day-one.
- Development of standards and best practices to implement cloud
- Modernizing legacy application architecture patterns, cloud
- Developing architectures applying cloud security and cyber
- Cloud solutions monitoring and operation methodology
- Experience in defining infrastructure and/or integration
- Experience in reviewing performance and recommending
- Experience in defining high availability and disaster recovery
- Experience and or understanding of data-centric design and
executionCLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Secret ClearanceTarget
salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed
represents the typical salary range for this position based on
experience and other factors.SAIC is a premier Fortune 500
technology integrator driving our nation's technology
transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure
high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial
intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and
understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate
the best components from our own portfolio and our partner
ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions
that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.We are more
than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and
inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and
inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston,
Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion.
For more information, visit saic.com.
Keywords: SAIC, Alexandria , Systems Engineer - IT Infrastructure, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!