Patient Registration Representative
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Summary:The Patient Registration Representative will perform
various duties such as registering patients in a fast-paced
environment, while maintaining accuracy and efficiency.Essential
- Entering patient demographic and insurance information
- Registering telemedicine patients through the electronic
medical record (EMR) system.
- Serving as the primary contact between patients and the medical
- Greeting patients upon arrival with a friendly demeanor and
- Confirming insurance eligibility.
- Collecting co-pays and balances due at the time of
- Reconciling payments at the end of each shift.
- Addressing accounts that are past due at the time of
- Answering incoming phone calls and forwarding to the
- Interpreting billing statements.
- Posting incoming Account Receivables payments.
- Participating in mandatory trainings and attending staff
- Assisting in the duties required to properly open and close the
building to receive patients.
- Faxing and/or emailing confirmed lab results to the appropriate
- Requesting pre-authorization of credit cards.
- Setting up installment payment plans.
- Practicing and promoting positive customer and peer
- Maintaining a clean work environment (i.e. ensuring that the
work area and staff lounge are tidy and all equipment and utensils
are put away at the end of each shift).
- Reporting all parent/patient complaints to the manager in a
timely manner to allow for appropriate actions to be
taken.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer literacy (log in, log out, search engines, etc.)
- Knowledge of electronic medical record (EMR) systems
- Strong telephone and in-person communication skills
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of HIPAA and PHI (Protected Health Information)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to type 40 WPM with 90% accuracy
- One year experience in patient registration (preferred)
- One year experience with health insurance (preferred)
Keywords: KidMed, Alexandria , Patient Registration Representative, Other , Stafford, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!