Company: ASTA - American Society of Travel Advisors
Posted on: January 15, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:ASTA is looking for an Events Coordinator to
join our growing events team. This role is responsible for managing
the ASTA attendee experience at our events throughout the year
(both domestically and internationally). The ideal candidate will
be perceptive and aware of the attendee's experience from the
conception of an event to the follow up. He/she will work with
several departments within ASTA to ensure the attendee experience
is polished each step of the way. The goal for this role is to
improve our attendees' event experience and expand our percentage
of repeat event attendees year over year. -This unique position
requires an equally unique personality, one who has a sense of
ownership while also maintaining a "team player" attitude. This
person should be curious, a self-starter, have a positive outlook
and pay strong attention to the details. -RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage the attendee registration process from creation to
execution. Duties to include developing each individual form set-up
depending on the needs of the event, inputting form set up (in
Eshow and in our iMIS database system) testing registration
websites, collaborating with the creative team to create badge
templates, produce attendee badges, determining the on-site
registration desk needs and set-up, etc.
- Build and execute pre- and post-registration email
communication plan for attendees.
- Identify and collect key information needed for a smooth
- Manage registration for ASTA staff, ASTA board members, VIPs
- Create and provide event reports to internal stakeholders.
- Manage Event Apps
- Prepare/collate meeting badges, tickets and ribbons
- Coordinate all equipment, inventory and shipment for
- Order, maintain and organize inventory of event supplies.
- Work with Director of Marketing to develop attendee
- Assist Meetings Manager as needed with rooming lists,
transfers, updating event website and reviewing/proofing the
program of events when needed.
- Assist Meetings Manager in developing post-event survey
questions and help to collect registration trends from this
- Develop an understanding of industry best practices and execute
strategies to continuously improve and streamline our processes -
- You're educated: bachelor's degree
- You're computer savvy: proficiency in Microsoft Office
- You've got skills: excellent verbal and written communication
and organizational skills
- You're a people person: customer or member service
- You're a juggler: ability to manage multiple priorities and
- You are curious: always looking for an opportunity to learn,
grow and give and receive feedback
- You are a self-starter: when you see a need, you address
- You always go the extra mile: bonus skills!
- Proficiency in Real Magnet or another HTML email program is a
- Sales/marketing/business development experience or experience
in a related field is a plus
- Knowledge of iMIS database system and event management programs
(such as EShow) is a plus -About ASTA:The American Society of
Travel Advisors (ASTA) is the trade association for the travel
agency community. ASTA's mission is to promote and defend the
industry through proactive representation, shared knowledge and the
advancement of professionalism. As a membership organization,
ASTA's network of travel professionals expands beyond the agency
community and includes the companies whose products they sell.
Keywords: ASTA - American Society of Travel Advisors, Alexandria , Event Coordinator, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!