Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 15, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sorter is responsible for safely and
efficiently processing incoming recyclable materials so that
outbound commodities are acceptable for sale to various brokers or
- Sort and segregate recoverable materials (e.g., aluminum,
plastic, glass, paper, etc.) from incoming waste.
- Deposit recoverable materials safely and efficiently into
- Assist other sorters on an as-needed basis with heavy or bulky
- Follow all Company safety policies and procedures, including
stopping the conveyor belt in emergency situations.
- Inspect incoming loads for unacceptable waste; remove
unacceptable items as required.
- Communicate with equipment operators regarding incoming loads
of special waste or other loads that require special
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a Recycling Facility sorting
Bonus Plan Details (if applicable):
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Alexandria , Sorter, Other , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!