Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
* Location: *
* Date Posted: *2021-11-16
* Category: *Engineering and Sciences
* Subcategory: *Systems Engineer
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Travel: *Yes, 25 % of the Time
* Minimum Clearance Required: *Secret
* Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: *None
* Potential for Remote Work: *Yes
SAIC is seeking a *Senior Systems Engineer* to support the Surface
Combat Systems Training Command (SCSTC) responsible for Functional
Integration and Training of new technical and tactical improvements
to the US Navy's Surface Fleet.
This position is based out of *Dahlgren, VA* and will allow for
remote/flexwork. The Sr Systems Engineer will need to be within
commuting distance for local meetings Dahlgren, VA
* Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Provide Systems Engineering activities related to Information
Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations
formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering,
system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data
architectures, validation and verification, systems integration,
system operations, performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis
estimation, decision analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis
* Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product
requirements into total systems solutions by evaluation of changes
to current and future shipboard configurations, hardware, and
software and analyze their impacts to training curriculum, SCSTC
configurations, facility support systems, training support systems,
training equipment, and service needs.
* Evaluate the logical and systematic conversion of product
requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge
technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
* Provide direct support to the Core Certification Team by being
proficient with the PEO Integrated Warfare System (IWS)
certification process and knowledgeable of the systems for use
onboard all surface combatants.
* Deliver continuous assessment of the certification criteria based
on the metrics and artifacts provided by the government-industry
* Act as a direct liaison to schedule AWT Phasedelta training
events for Baseline 9 DDGs as they progress through the Navy
* Represent the Training Readiness Directorate (TRD) and provide
feedback to ensure that the TDR has all the required information to
make decisions regarding the installation and activation of new
* Provide technical support in the creation of prototypes of new
developments for Human System Integration (HSI) for Navy combat
tactical and training systems.
* Specific tasking includes providing recommendations for Combat
Information Center (CIC) arrangement designs and Graphical User
Interfaces (GUI) for new AWS and BMD baselines. This includes
support for Battle Force Tactical Training (BFTT), AEGIS Combat
Training System (ACTS), Advance Training Domain (ATD) and Total
Ship Training Capability (TSTC) for shipboard and training site
* Required Education and Experience:*
* Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of Surface Combat Systems
operations; Master's Degree preferred.
* Minimum of 4 (four) years' experience with the Aegis Combat
System, the Aegis Weapon System and Aegis Ballistic Missile
Defense. SSDS experience is desired.
* Strong customer relations skills are a must.
* Proficiency in both oral and written forms of communication are
* Must be proficient in MS Office products to include Word, Power
Point and Excel.
* Required Clearance:*
* Active Secret clearance required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to
adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be
fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their
first day of employment.
Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the
vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved
exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site
vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over
SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed
represents the typical salary range for this position based on
experience and other factors.
SAIC-- is a premier Fortune 500-- technology integrator driving our
nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of
offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence
markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital,
artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise
and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we
integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our
partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient
solutions that are critical to achieving our customers'
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by
purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an [Equal
fostering a respectful work culture based on [diversity, equity,
that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia,
SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more
information, visit [saic.com](http://www.saic.com/).
Keywords: SAIC, Alexandria , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Dahlgren, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!