Junior Systems Engineer
Location: Lexington Park
Posted on: November 22, 2021
KBR is seeking a Junior Systems Engineer to join our Team! This
position supports tasking for a Program Office within PEO(T),
NAVAIR Headquarters in Patuxent River, MD.
- You will be a high-performing member of Systems Engineering
team supporting NAVAIR PMA-231 with the Advanced Hawkeye Command
and Control platform. You will team with other System Engineering
professionals in providing technical support for all phases of
system requirements development, conducting independent technical
analyses, evaluation, and assessment of system requirements,
requirements development, documentation, and verification.
- Generate and assist in the development of Statement of Work
(SOW) language and Technical Assessment Reports (TAR)
- You will also utilize Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements
System (DOORS) to trace requirements from Weapons System
Specifications (WSS) to System Specification (SS) to Software
Requirements Specifications (SRS) and generating technical reports
and briefings to keep the customer informed.
- You will work hand-in-hand with primary contract vendors to
ensure requirements adherence and in turn, secure the confidence of
the NAVAIR stakeholder in the fielded system.
- Finally, you will interface on a daily basis with government
and other contractor personnel in a team environment.Basic
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or a related technical field
from an accredited college or university. In lieu of a degree, a
minimum of eight (8) years of engineering experience in the
analysis, design, development, integration operation, testing and
evaluation of aircraft or weapons systems is acceptable.
- A minimum of two (2) years of engineering experience in the
analysis, design, development, integration, operation, testing and
evaluation of aircraft or weapons systems is required.
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information. A current Secret Clearance with a
Background Investigation completed within the last 6 years is
- Knowledge of DoD systems engineering requirements, design
interface requirements and specification development is
- Systems engineering related to acquisition of government
- Systems engineering requirements development and
- Technical evaluation and assessment of acquisition requirements
documentation such as Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and Contract
- Development/assessment of systems engineering plans; ability to
work in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Professionalism and customer service
- Travel: 10-20% travel may be required#LI-ML2
Keywords: KBR, Alexandria , Junior Systems Engineer, Other , Lexington Park, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!