Field Engineer - Immediate Interviews!
Company: PAE Incorporated
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Field Engineer working 60 day rotations OCONUS, in
warzone locations. The employee will work 60 days straight in
country providing IT Operational support and maintenance, as well
as ad hoc aperiodic training. After 60 days, the employee
will rotate back to their home for 60 days. Each year will
consist of approximately three 60-day rotations. Seeking an
individual who is a self-starter with a documented track record of
working successfully on highly dynamic and fast paced teams.
This will also include working closely with foreign nationals, who
are often not very proficient in the English language.
The Field Engineer will be supporting existing IT systems, as
well as build and test requirements for new system enhancements.
On-site build and test activities include:
- Test, inspection, verification of multiple tactical
communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and
procedures and project management requirements
- Uncrating, set-up, and build-out of new equipment
- Hardware and software configuration and customization of
tactical communications and IT system packages
- System integration and testing of built packages
- Pack-out and shipment of the complete packages
- Removal and appropriate disposal of any old or excess
communications and computer equipment, hard drives, memory, and
- Preparation of communication system documentation
- Conducting site surveys as needed prior to any new
- Drawings of rack elevations, system component front and back
views, wiring interconnect diagrams, wire lists, and networks
- Training of onsite personnel on built and installed
- Provide technical advice and guidance on installation,
adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of technical products,
programs and systems
- Provides expertise for resolving technical problems
- Modify products, programs and systems to various customer
- Serve as company liaison with customer on administrative and
technical matters for assigned projects
- Provide end-user training
- Perform various tests and documents results
- Schedule work to meet completion dates and technical
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced
engineers and technicians and may have supervisory
- May serve as technical team or task lead
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as
Should possess at least four of the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience with IPv4 subnetting, routing protocols,
and troubleshooting techniques (Network+ or Microsoft MTA
Networking Fundamentals is a plus).
- 3+ years of experience site to site VPNs (Cisco ASA, SonicWall
TZ Series, Check Point NGFW 1400 series, Barracuda 180 series,
ZyWALL VPN 50, etc.) (CCNA Security is a plus).
- 5+ years of experience administering a Windows Domain, Exchange
Server, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), SQL 2016 or later
(Current MCSA for Windows 10, Server 2012, or Server 2016 is a
- 3+ years of experience with an Enterprise Endpoint Protection
Solution (i.e. Symantec Endpoint Protection, McAfee ePolicy
Orchestrator, Windows Defender ATP, etc.)
- Familiar with Disaster Recovery solutions and High Availability
computing environments (Stretch Clustering, Exchange DAG, Symantec
Backup Exec, Acronis Backup, etc.)
- Familiar with Voice of Internet Protocal (VoIP) (Cisco Unified
Call Manager , Mitel, 3CX, Asterisk) (CCNA Voice, or any UC
platform certification is a plus).
- Familiar with management of virtualized computing platforms
(VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Familiar with Ku Band VSAT (Completion of iDirect O&M
course or iDirect hub experience are a plus).
- Familiar with installation, termination, and testing of Cat6,
RG-11, and Fiber Optic cables (BICSI Installer I or higher is a
- Experience administering an Enterprise Network Management
Service (i.e. Solarwinds, Whats Up Gold, PRTG, etc.)
- Medical Clearance for OCONUS required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- BS degree in the field of computer science or related degree
and/or 7 years equivalent work experience.
Additional Job Description
- Ability to stoop, kneel, twist, bend, carry
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE Incorporated, Alexandria , Field Engineer - Immediate Interviews!, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!