Cybersecurity Engineer - Immediate Interviews!
Company: PAE Incorporated
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Cybersecurity Engineer will have a lead role in performing
various information security tasks involving GRC, architecture, and
incident response with PAE.
The Cybersecurity Engineer’s responsibilities
- Provide support to planning, designing and implementing
security controls which safeguard and monitor events for
information systems, enterprise applications and data.
- Assess current and planned information systems, identifying
security architecture issues, and designing solutions for
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and investigate security-related,
information systems’ anomalies based on security platform
reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated
- Maintain, configure, and analyze network and host-based
- Participates in incident management activities.
- Conduct log analysis using designated Security Information &
Event Management (SIEM) platform.
- Vulnerability analysis and remediation.
- Performs Information System Security Manager (ISSO) duties on
assigned government-authorized systems;
- Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security
Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, and other needed artifacts
for assessment and authorization tasks.
- Supports security authorization activities in compliance with
Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Implement Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG),
Security Requirements Guide (SRG), and Security Content
Augmentation Protocol (SCAP) scans as required on designated
- Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation
and develop ad-hoc reports as needed
- Assist the development of security tool requirements, trials,
and evaluations, as well as security operation procedures and
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all
- Provide off-hours support on an infrequent, but as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Information Systems and 4+
years of demonstrated results, or equivalent experience.
- A certification in one of the following: Security +, GSEC
- Must be able to maintain an active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with the NIST/FISMA regulatory and compliance
- Be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
coordinating and ensuring scheduled goals are met
- Well versed in IT government security accreditation's and
certification IAW NISPOM, NIST, RMF and other approved government
IT security standards, policies and directives
- Experience using vulnerability scanning tools.
- Experience with Network-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention
Systems (IDS/IPS) and Host-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention
- Must have experience in Security Risk Assessment/analysis
- Must have excellent communication and customer interface
- Candidates must be able to travel 10% of the time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE Incorporated, Alexandria , Cybersecurity Engineer - Immediate Interviews!, Other , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!