Cloud Solutions Architect
Company: Knowesis, Inc.
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Knowesis is seeking an experienced Cloudera Solutions
Architect to support a contract with the Department of Defense
(DoD) Office of Inspector General (OIG) in all aspects of design,
development, and delivery of data solutions.
This position requires a Secret clearance and requires
U.S. Citizenship (applicants without proof of US
citizenship will not be considered due to the position’s security
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Ensure Cloudera installation and configuration is at optimal
specifications (CDP, CDSW, Hive, Spark, NiFi).
- Fine-tune Cloudera environment for optimal performance.
- Assist with preparing for planned data science projects.
- Design and implement automated data flows using Python/R and
- Assist and provide expertise as it pertains to automating the
entire project lifecycle.
- Perform incremental updates and upgrades to the Cloudera
- Assist with migrating critical projects to the Cloudera Data
- Implement security on NIPR and SIPR environments, such as CAC
- Move data, and use YARN to allocate resources and schedule
- Manage job workflows with Oozie and Hue.
- Configure and manage Cloudera Data Science Workbench using
- Troubleshoot Kerberos Errors, TLS/SSL Errors, TLS configuration
on Cloudera Data Science Workbench, and potential issues data
scientists might encounter once the application is running
workloads and issues with Models and Experiments.
- Assist with new use cases (i.e., analytics/ML, data science,
data ingest and processing), Infrastructure (including new cluster
deployments, cluster migration, expansion, major upgrades, COOP/DR,
- Assist in testing, governance, data quality, training, and
- Communicate with users, other technical teams, and senior
management to collect requirements, describe data modeling
decisions and data engineering strategy.
- Security + Certification
- Understand the Apache Hadoop and Spark architecture and the
future of distributed processing frameworks.
- Experience with HDFS and MapReduce for all file-related
- Experience implementing security by installing and configuring
an authentication and authorization system such as Kerberos for all
services in the cluster.
- Knowledge of how to add, remove, and rebalance nodes in a
cluster using cluster management tools.
- Experience configuring Cloudera Manager to perform
- Experience running MapReduce and Spark applications in a Hadoop
- An understanding of all the Hadoop daemons along with their
roles and responsibilities in the cluster.
- Solid understanding of Cloudera Data Science Workbench
- Knowledge of HW/SW/Network/Security requirements for CDSW
installation & upgrades.
- Experience with deployment of CDSW on Cloudera Data Platform
- Knowledge of common tasks and guidelines related to cluster
management on which CDSW may be hosted.
- Knowledge of how to use TLS/SSL to enforce secure encrypted
connections, using HTTPS and WSS, to the Cloudera Data Science
Workbench web application.
- Linux system administration experience.
- Proficiency with a modern programming language, including R,
Java, and/or Python.
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP) or Cloudera Certified
Associate (CCA) Certifications
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Knowesis, Inc., Alexandria , Cloud Solutions Architect, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!