Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community
of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have
over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s,
ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility
based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA
hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100
best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and
join our family at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
(SRMC), a 126-bed acute facility, located in the beautiful city
of Fredericksburg, known for its charm, family owned shops, and
local restaurants. SRMC is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America)
facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work
with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the
U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are
Our patients are our priority, but so are
Not only do our patients come first,
but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package
to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage
package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still
getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with
our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including
tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex
spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft
dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will
provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our
organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Social
Worker LCSW to help us reach our goals. Unlock your
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL
The Social Worker will exhibit excellent customer relations to
patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers as well as shows
courtesy, compassion and respect to all individuals.
1. Responsible for providing
social work services to patients and their families, as a member of
a multidisciplinary team.
2. Social work interventions are focused on assessment, crisis
stabilization, psycho-therapy, and disposition planning.
3. At times, the social worker may provide service to different
patient age groups, based on training and knowledge.
4. Screen admissions for discharge needs within one-two (1-2)
5. Track and monitor avoidable (alternative care) days, and provide
your supervisor with this information daily.
6. Performs continuous assessments and evaluations, to ensure
patient is progressing towards desired outcomes.
7. Assesses and responds to patient/family needs by coordinating
efforts of other team members.
8. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient
9. Collaborates and consults with physicians on patient's progress
and discharge planning needs.
10. Communicates effective and professionally with peers,
supervisors, ancillary departments and all other external/internal
11. Coordinates the discharge planning process ensuring involvement
of all members of the healthcare team.
12. Counsels with patients and family members in decision making
and in meeting psychosocial needs of the patient.
13. Maintains knowledge of resources and facilities available to
patients and family members.
14. Collaborates with personnel at other facilities to coordinate
smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
15. Compiles, evaluates, and reports statistics to members of the
team and utilizes the information to facilitate process improvement
16. Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings, documents
17. Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
18. Orients and mentors new staff members.
19. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
20. Collaborates with RN Case Manager to coordinate smooth and
effective patient transfers and transitions.
21. Takes an active role in detention order hearings on the
behavioral health unit.