SOC RN Home Health $5K Bonus
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team. #Amedisys
Kindred at Home, LHC, Home-Call, Encompass
What You Will Do
This is a weekend admission RN position.
Works under the supervision of the DOO/CM and performs Start of
Care Assessment for skilled nursing admissions and other
disciplines when indicated. Completes a comprehensive nursing
assessment at Start of Care to include the Outcome and Assessment
Information Set (OASIS). Develops, implements, coordinates, and
evaluates patient start of care plan according to physician orders
as allowed by their scope of practice. Completes other skilled
nursing visits when indicated.
- Performs patient start of care comprehensive assessment,
evaluation, development and implementation of Plan of Care.
Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately and according to the
OASIS user's manual definitions.
- Gives admission report to CM and RN Case Manager per team and
completes the Patient Care Conference Care Planning form utilizing
the APPlE approach.
- Transmits Start of Care Assessments, visit notes, etc.
- Implements appropriate nursing clinical tracks at start of care
based on the patient's primary diagnosis for nursing.
- Provides skilled nursing care to patients in accordance with
the Plan of Care and agency policies.
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by
communicating information effectively and systematically with
individual staff, physicians, family members and community
- Interdisciplinary communication and follow up. Initiates
appropriate referrals when indicated.
- Makes Resumption of Care, Recertification, Follow-up Visits and
routine skilled nursing visits as needed.
- Promotes and maintains patient health through teaching and
appropriate rehabilitative measures. Assists patients in learning
appropriate self-care techniques.
- Initiates, plans and provides staff education and performs
competency and skills validation for staff as needed. Demonstrates
competency in skills required for patient care.
- Keeps abreast of nursing trends, knowledge, education,
reporting, and practice implementation specific to job
- Participates in Patient Care Conferences. Leads discussion of
new admissions as appropriate on a weekly basis.
- Utilizes a combination of agency resources and rationally
recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical
outcomes. Participates in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up
and agency performance improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned. #Amedisys
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
specific to the state(s) the employee is assigned to work/cover for
the company. May possess either a single state license in
each non-compact state and/or a compact license in their state of
residence that is accepted in all Nurse License Compact (NLC)
- Nurse License Compact (NLC) documents the following: The
mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have
one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in
other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each
state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally
reside in an NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state
- One (1+) year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
(RN). If less than 1 year clinical experience as a RN,
candidate must be approved by VP Clinical.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the appropriate skills for
communicating with individuals of all ages. Excellent
interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal/State rules and regulations,
ACHC standards, and other regulatory requirements.
- Valid Driver’s License, r eliable transportation, and agency
required liability insurance.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the
computer, such as, usernames, password concepts, internet, email,
navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using
files, and windows, effective use of navigation buttons and tool
bars, ability to self-manage online HR services and online training
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Alexandria , SOC RN Home Health $5K Bonus, Other , Cambridge, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!