Manager, Software Engineer, Appriss Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
We're seeking a driven and experienced Manager of Software
Engineering to join our team and help us generate solutions that
grow our Health division. In this role, you will provide leadership
to the engineering team responsible for our OpenBeds product line.
OpenBeds is currently used by 9 states to identify and track
behavioral health resources to create a single common network which
facilitates rapid referrals and fosters collaboration among mental,
health, substance use and medical providers. Your role will be
multifaceted and extremely dynamic. You will need to balance the
needs of engineering along with those of the product, sales, and
support teams as Appriss Health executes on concurrent projects
impacting high volume, high throughput systems.
You understand that the best managers serve their teams,
removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and
ownership. You are someone with high standards who will push us to
be better, and who will take pride in Appriss like we do. You have
delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You have led
engineering teams and earned the respect of talented software
developers. You want to be in the mix technically while providing
leadership to your teams.
You are a skilled communicator. You communicate clearly to both
technical and non-technical individuals. You are equally happy
talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming
about agile development process and technology career development.
You can create written documentation, including architectural
diagrams, that describe a solution. You communicate new ideas
effectively so that all parties understand the benefit, cost, and
effort required to implement a new solution or process.
As our engineering organization grows, you will help ensure we
keep the talent bar high, both through hiring top candidates and
growing the skills and capabilities of your team.
You seek innovative solutions. You have experience seeing
problems from different points of view and providing a simple yet
elegant solution. You will learn our existing products and provide
recommendations on how we could modify our architecture to increase
reliability and scalability while still controlling costs.
You are a skilled engineer. Writing code for Appriss products is
not your primary function, however you may be asked to write or
review code from time to time and will be required to gain an
understanding of our existing code base and technology stack. With
an understanding of our technical ecosystem, you will design
solutions and processes that align with the skills, tools, and
strategies of our organization to create responsive, supportable,
and scalable software products.
- Manage a distributed staff, including assigning out and
prioritizing your team's work for optimal productivity and
facilitating the achievement of team objectives.
- Hire, train, motivate, coach, and evaluate staff members.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to your team members
and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment
based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and
- Estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete a
- Respond to internal/external inquiries about the technical
aspects of our products.
- Champion internal process improvements and helps create a
- Take overall accountability for designing and implementing
system specifications and formal solutions to create, modify, test,
debug, deploy, and maintain software systems.
- Adhere, and ensure adherence of team members, to SDLC
- Partner with engineers to handle code review, pull requests,
and suggestions for improvement (performance and
- Ensure proper documentation and procedures for installation and
- Interact with product team members and users to define system
requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participate in agile ceremonies.
- Work with team to improve processes and procedures.
- Work with team to make sure that 24/7 support coverage is
available for On Call Rotation in areas of primary
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience managing software development.
- Strong leadership skills to mentor and assist team
- Experience with database management systems, SQL and other
associated query languages
- Experience with Git and source code management patterns.
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies. Preferably experience with
- Experience working in an agile delivery methodology.
- Self-starter with an ability to solve problems with little or
no direction and a passion for driving change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for overall
architecture, product, and application design
Helpful / Preferred
- Experience in Healthcare IT.
- Experience developing web-based applications using PHP and
- Experience with Java, C# or other equivalent development
- Knowledge of Amazon Aurora and MySQL database management
- Experience working with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with Atlassian product suite. Specifically Jira &
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H
Keywords: Appriss, Alexandria , Manager, Software Engineer, Appriss Health, Other , California, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!