Licensed Practical Nurse
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Nurse/LPN responsibilities include but not limited to
performing focused assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation of the client's status, plan of care, and goal
achievement. Works under the supervisor of the RN, Nursing
Leadership and Physician within their scope of practice. The LPN
must be aware of the potential exposure to internal and external
hazardous materials including but not limited to: blood borne
pathogens, infections/communicable diseases, noise, excessive
physical injury from clients, airborne dusts, fumes, and gases
This position does not have direct reports.
- Accurately and efficiently, pack medications for clients going
off ground, including medication list and any educational forms
needed as outlined in policy and procedures.
- Regularly audits the medication charts and reviews supplies,
report deficiencies, orders needed supplies from the pharmacy.
Stocks and organizes supplies in exam room and in-group home
medication cabinets, ensures that an adequate inventory is kept in
stock. The LPN will document such audits in the performance
- Abides by all safety and infection control regulations and has
knowledge necessary of the exposure protocol to be able to assist
other employees and clients to receive appropriate follow-up.
- Accurately and efficiently, transcribe orders according to
facility policy and procedures, including requirements of all
licensing and regulatory bodies.
- Administers and reads TB test to clients, staff and volunteers.
Completes appropriate documentation in an accurate and timely
manner according to nursing office procedure.
- Provides client care according to current nursing protocols,
facility policy, & procedure, recommendation of the American
Academy of Pediatrics, and other pertinent practice guidelines and
- Inspects children's clothing and possessions to detect
contraband in accordance with village policies and procedures.
- Assess the physical and emotional well-being of children post
- Assists with scheduling and/or preparation for doctor
appointments, lab test, and other medical procedures as necessary,
making certain paperwork is correct and thorough, as well as
correctly processing return paperwork and instructions.
- Responsible for making the appropriate notifications and
reports to parents/guardians and inter-facility personnel.
- Reviews and documents height, weight, and blood pressure of
clients on a monthly basis.
- Maintains refrigerator and freezer temperatures within normal
guidelines and takes the appropriate action to correct any
deficiencies or malfunctions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Diploma from an approved practical nursing program;
- Passed a written examination as required by the Board of
- Possess Licensed Practice Nurse license in the state of
Virginia or from a compact state
- Must successfully complete all new hire orientation and
- Must be current on all mandatory annual retraining and
- Strong verbal, written, and listening communication skills to
include communicating clearly, effectively, tactfully, and
patiently to a diverse population
- Strong interpersonal skills and demeanor with the ability to
build rapport and garner trust with others
- Proficient in the use of a PC; in a Windows environment; in the
use of the Internet; and in the use of MS Office Applications such
as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to pass fingerprint background screening through the
Department of Justice, FBI and Child Abuse Index
- Ability to effectively engage with children from various
backgrounds and circumstances
- Ability to accurately dispense medications, and be capable of
drawing blood and giving injections
- Ability to maintain professional behavior in high pressure
- Ability to understand and solve problems by applying
intermediate analytical skills to include collecting all the
relevant information and data needed to address the problem;
organizing, classifying and synthesizing the data into fundamental
issues; from the information, identifying the most probable causes
of the problem; reducing the information down into manageable
components; identifying the logical outcomes from the analyses of
the data collected; and, identifying the options and solutions for
addressing the problems analyzed.
- Ability to work collaborative as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to embody Childhelp's core values of
Acting with Honor and Character, Being Open and Receptive, Caring
About and Relating to Others; Nurturing Diverse Relationships;
Performance Excellence; and Inspirational Leading & Managing
- Ability to frequently see, hear, speak, walk, bend, drive,
stand, and be physically flexible; occasionally sit, run, kneel,
squat, push/pull, stoop, lift up to 50 lbs., carry up to 25 lbs.,
reach overhead; seldom climb
Experience working in a children's residential treatment
Keywords: Childhelp, Alexandria , Licensed Practical Nurse, Other , Lignum, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!