Public Realtions Specialist
Company: IM Solutions LLC
Posted on: May 6, 2021
ABOUT THE POSITIONIMSolutions, LLC is seeking a qualified Public
Relations Specialist-contingent upon award--to support the USAID
DDI DRG Administrative Support Services in the DRG Center in
Washington, D.C. The Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance Center
(the DRG Center) serve as the Agency's lead operating unit to
promote and support the development of democratic and
citizen-responsive governance in the countries where USAID works.
Position Responsibilities:Strategic Communications
- Develop and lead the implementation of the communications and
outreach strategy, outlining key objectives, target audiences,
messaging core communications activities, and the timeline for
- Work closely with other USAID regional and technical bureaus,
senior Bureau and DRG Center leadership, and the Legislative and
Public Affairs Bureau to develop and promote key DRG messages; and
collaborate on DRG-related communications and outreach
- Represent DRG communications efforts via the standing Agency
and Bureau communications working groups.
- Develop a diverse and active network of DRG field contacts and
implementing partners for collaboration on stories and
- Engage regularly with the DRG global cadre to solicit
sector-related field stories; provide DRG-related communications
resources as needed, and travel at Mission's request to produce
story content, produce video storytelling, and provide DRG
storytelling support as needed. Content Creation and Management
- Create and develop articles, stories, blogs, event summaries,
and/or other written or multi-media materials that promote the
impact of DRG programming for the various DRG Center
- Responsible for the creative design, development, and oversight
of DRG's website(s), including maintaining functionality and
accessibility for the external public; managing all web-related
activity with DRG Center teams.
- Design and conduct the virtual and in-person DRG storytelling
course for DRG staff and local partners overseas, and in
- Draft DRG-Center related Agency Notices and Executive Messages
to commemorate key DRG-themed days and announcements for internal
- Serve as Editor in Chief for the DRG Center's weekly and annual
reports; and the DRG newsletter.
- Provide copy-editing for external publications and Center
- Serve as the producer for new DRG video projects, and provide
video editing support.
- Secure photos, videos and other multimedia material for both
internal and external use.
- Provides technical and strategic guidance in online
communication strategies; explores and develops new ways to
communicate activities, disseminate information and expand outreach
to specific audiences.
- Manages the annual DRG Photo Contest. Media and Events
- Manage DRG-related media and press inquiries, including
drafting press releases.
- Provide writing and editing support for speeches and talking
points for DRG leadership and Senior Staff for high-profile
- Provide outreach and multi-visual support on DRG Center
- Photograph and/or produce videos of USAID events for the USAID
and DRG Center use and on TDYs. Leadership
- Incorporates best practices, latest trends, and innovation into
DRG's communications strategies.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members on USAID/DRG
communications. POSITION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: Key Attributes
- At least 10 years of experience in communications,
media/journalism, and international development with USAID and/or
USAID implementing partners.
- Knowledge of USAID policies, activities, systems, and
procedures, especially those related to communications and
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills with strong
attention to detail; able to produce clean, high-quality,
professional copy for varied audiences.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work in rapidly changing,
high-pressure situations, and juggle competing priorities and make
quick, sound decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, and
builds strong relationships at all levels.
- Shows discretion and diplomacy with politically sensitive
issues and information.
- Ability to effectively work and engage internal and external
partners, USAID clients, host government officials, and NGO
- Proficiency/expertise in the use of the Microsoft Office
package (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and the Google
suite (including Gmail, Calendar, Documents, Sheets, and Google
- Professional-level oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated effective teamwork, collaboration, and
interpersonal skills; and
- A Secret-level U.S. Government security clearance. BENEFITS:
IMSolutions is proud to offer a competitive salary, high-quality,
broad, and diverse benefits, a generous Paid Time Off plan, and a
corporate 401k plan. IMSolutions offers exceptional opportunities
to develop a rewarding career. Equal Opportunity Employment:
IMSolutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws.IMSolutions is an E-Verify Employer.
Keywords: IM Solutions LLC, Alexandria , Public Realtions Specialist, Other , Dumfries, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!