Systems Integration Engineer
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Description Job Description: The Aviation Maintenance and
Integration (AMI) Division of Leidos has an opening for a Systems
Integration Engineer to provide engineering, integration, and
management of missions systems for manned aircraft surveillance
platforms and ground stations. We are looking for motivated
individuals who want to join a team dedicated to excellence and
continuous progress. In this fast-paced environment, you will
participate in engineering and integration activities providing
leadership and support in the analysis, design, development,
integration, testing, acceptance, maintenance, and evaluation of
mission systems across multiple types of computer systems,
networks, and sensors. Primary Responsibilities
- Plan and execute mission systems integration into airborne
platforms and ground stations with a methodical approach to ensure
traceability between associated functional areas of responsibility,
including logistics, engineering, aircraft maintenance, and
- Lead and grow team of engineers and integrators providing
mentorship and professional growth opportunities.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to
document steps to maintain and integrate mission equipment.
- Actively participate in the integration design of mission
systems to include military avionics, sensors (e.g., EO/IR, SIGINT,
ELINT, etc.), and military communications (e.g., ARC-210, ARC-231,
PRC-117, STT, etc.).
- Perform duties in administering network, servers, clients, and
operating systems. Including installing, configuring, testing,
maintaining, and troubleshooting assigned hardware and
- Perform hands-on maintenance and integration tasks to
mission-specific equipment to include, but not limited to,
servicing airborne sensors and network systems.
- Use system documentation and experience to collect, maintain,
organize, and compile technical data for the aircraft and sensor
- Interface between Information Assurance, Engineering, and Air
teams to integrate sensor systems.Basic Qualifications
- Active DoD Secret Clearance (or the ability to obtain one)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field with a
minimum of eight (8) years of related experience; additional years
of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with military avionics, military communications, and
airborne sensor systems.
- Basic understanding of IT principles and practices.
- Troubleshooting proficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Visio, Word, Excel,
- Proficiency in computer networks and networking systems.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and
verbal/written communication skills.Preferred Qualifications
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with DoD avionics, to include but not limited to,
communication, navigation, COMSEC, and aircraft survivability
equipment repair and modification.
- Broad technology experience in systems engineering,
requirements tracking, testing, and validation.
- Understanding of electronics principles.
- Advanced knowledge of IT principles and practices strongly
desired such as certifications in Cisco, Microsoft, and Linux.
- Understanding of RMF lifecycle.
- Be capable of working independently or as a team.
- Strong desire to grow and learn new technologies.AirborneISR
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Level Required: None Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family: Systems Engineering Pay Range: Leidos is a
Fortune 500 -- information technology, engineering, and science
solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest
challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil,
and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital
missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in
Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately
$11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more
information, visit .Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career
decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect
the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment
benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness
programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More
details are available here .Leidos will never ask you to provide
payment-related information at any part of the employment
application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only
through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If
you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for
payment-related information or any other personal information,
please report the email to .All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, race,
ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information,
pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic
partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Keywords: Leidos, Alexandria , Systems Integration Engineer, Other , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!